Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Animals

Options
  • 01-02-2006 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, I'm new :) Nice place ye have here.

I've just bought Steven Farmer's book "Power Animals" and I was wondering if anyone here had had much experience with that area of things. There's a guided meditation in it so that you can find your power animal and I'll probaby do that soon but I haven't seen any other books on that topic around that go into things in much detail like the difference between totem animals, power animals and spirit guides etc. Any suggestions?

Love & Light,
    Rhiannon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NeilJ

Hi Rhiannon,
    Not familar with that book but I do have Ted Andrews "Animal Speak" which is one of the most commonly recommended books on power animals. Regardless of how good your book is if you're interested in exploring totem/spirit/power animals more this is a very good book to get. As well as describing some meditation techniques to find your power animals and develop your relationship with them, it also covers many other areas dealing with animals. Divination and different types of medicine (it comes from a Native American viewpoint, but is still quite encompassing regardless of your cultural background) you use and associate with different animals. There is also a fairly comprehensive dictionary making up about half the book describing to varying detail the attributes and powers associated with different birds, animals, insects and reptiles you may come accross as you seek your power animal. In answer to your other question on what the difference is between power, spirit and totem animals, there is none. They are just different terms use to describe bascially the same thing. Hope this helps and good luck with your meditations.

BB,
    Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Rhiannon wrote:
    Hi, I'm new :) Nice place ye have here.

I've just bought Steven Farmer's book "Power Animals" and I was wondering if anyone here had had much experience with that area of things. There's a guided meditation in it so that you can find your power animal and I'll probaby do that soon but I haven't seen any other books on that topic around that go into things in much detail like the difference between totem animals, power animals and spirit guides etc. Any suggestions?

Love & Light,
    Rhiannon

Heya Kelly.

I'd be pretty careful with the power animals thing as it's an area where you'll get a lot of nuts pretty much writing fantasy novels passed off as spiritual. Go to Amazon and see what other books people have bought that bought that one, maybe, and check the reviews of each.

You could also read recent issues of Spider-man... the guy who writes Bablyon 5 decided to put in a whole load of weird totem stuff. Sorry but any questions regarding totem animals just make me think of that right now... pretty bad writing.

Advertisement