Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4400Mah battery taking days to charge?

Options
  • 01-02-2006 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

I bought a third party 4400Mah battery from eBay for my Sony Vaio. I left it plugged in to charge, and three days later the charging battery light is still flashing! When i turn the computer in it tells me the battery is 57% full. I left it running on battery power, and it went down around 1% every minute, maybe a little more/less. I then plugged it in again and left the battery charging - turned the PC on, back to 57% again.
    I presume it should reach above 57%, and it shouldn't take several days to charge...? Is the battery faulty?
    Also, how long should this 4400mah battery last me? (longer than an hour surely...?)
    Maybe it's time for Cian to get a new laptop... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

cianclarke wrote:
    Is the battery faulty?
    Its the battery or the charger or both that are faulty.
    Have you tried to charge the battery in another charger?
    cianclarke wrote:
    Also, how long should this 4400mah battery last me? (longer than an hour surely...?

Depends on the current draw of the laptop and also what your usingthe laptop for!
    The battery will late for 1 hour if 4400mA are only being drawn from the battery for that hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

The laptop is the charger. I've tried another battery in the laptop, charges 'till full. Not with this battery... It takes dual batteries though, I might try with just one battery in to see if it'l charge to full...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Well then the battery has to be faulty.

Advertisement