Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a case

Options
  • 01-02-2006 8:22pm
    Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am looking for a new quiet, that has good airflow, aluminium, lots of 120mm fans, and has to accomadate a Water cooling rig in the future. Oh and most importantly it has to cost around €120

I was thinking of the Thermaltake Tsunami:

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cases/Tt_Tsunami/index.html

or the Lian Li PC 7 plus:

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cases/Lian_Li_PC-7_Plus/index.htm

What do you think?

Also I am going to be making a water cooling rig over the next few months from scratch as a project, so any info on that would be great:)

Oh and what could i do with my current cheapo case to cool it a bit better, i have a 80mm intake thats cooling ram, and a vantec stealth 120mm fan as an exhaust, heres a pic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Lian Li, no contest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

Have you tried with the freezer the other way around and the 80mm set to exhaust and the 120mm as an intake?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I have decided on the Tsunami:) The Lian LI cases are great but that low end PC7 plus just cant compete with the tsunami

I havent tried turning the freezer around, but If i set the 80mm to an exhaust, my ram might overheat as its at DDR560.

Maybe i will try It and but a small fan over the ram to cool it......

Should i be able to fit a modest Water cooling rig in the tsunami?

And does anyone on boards have one, I need to know if its quiet

*Bump*

Anyone have a tsunami??? Should i be able to fit a water cooling loop in it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Dear god!!!!! NO TSUNAMI!!!!!

it's really loud, horrible build quality, feels like a piece of fúcking crap. Don't buy it! You wont be fitting any internal watercooling, it's cramped.

It is terrible.

EDIT: All from personal experience from a build using it. Avoid like the plague.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,237 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

WizZard wrote:
    Lian Li, no contest

Indeed, but only if you want the best and are willing to pay a significant premium over the (almost as good) second best

Here's mine:

Lianli_V1100B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

What about the Gigabyte 3D Aurora
    3x120mm fans & special holes for w/c tubes among other features.
    Just got mine delivered from komplett so will be setting it up tonight :D
    Apparently their perfect for watercooling but I dont intend on doing that just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Apparently their perfect for watercooling but I dont intend on doing that just yet.
    Only external watercooling. I have one and there's not a lot of room inside once you have a few components in there.

What should i get?? I want a quallity case that doesnt cost €200

around €120

And do any of you watercool?? If so, is it better to have the radiator on the outside, and is a resevoir or a tline better?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I think the 3d Aurora looks fairly savage if you want to water cool and don't want to mod it at all. The Black Ice Pro 2 mounts straight onto the back, no modding whatsoever. Don't even need a radbox.

• Advertisement

Ok i decided to make an external water cooler, so what is the best small case?

The 3d aurora is big and costs to much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Need some opinions on the Antec P150 (P180 is too big for my liking) if anyone here has it

3rd one down:
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Antec_Cases.html

Consider the case I have now, is this beauty! :p
    https://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=113045

I know it would be a better upgrade, it has nice features like a HD suspension system and sound dampening side/top panels, but is there anything wrong with it?
    Looks kinda cramped...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

BopNiblets wrote:
    Need some opinions on the Antec P150 (P180 is too big for my liking) if anyone here has it

3rd one down:
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Antec_Cases.html

I know it would be a better upgrade, it has nice features like a HD suspension system and sound dampening side/top panels, but is there anything wrong with it?
    Looks kinda cramped...

Looks kinda boring :confused: , why do you want to buy antec? There are many other cases out there :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

BopNiblets wrote:

what colour is the one u have? selling it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

conzymaher, check out the link in my sig :) ....nice Eclipse-62 with passive rad already attached.

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭davie_b

kaseking.de

the best for cases
    unfortunatly for me i never looked there and got a thermaltake xaiser iii
    its heavy large and comes with enough fan and wires to propell itself to the moon argggh!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

davie_b wrote:
    kaseking.de

the best for cases
    unfortunatly for me i never looked there and got a thermaltake xaiser iii
    its heavy large and comes with enough fan and wires to propell itself to the moon argggh!:mad:

nice looking site but it's all in german :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭davie_b

art wrote:
    nice looking site but it's all in german :confused:
    yes but living in such a dynamic economy your bound to know one german person!!!!!lol:D
    yes a pig latin to english dictionary would help!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

davie_b wrote:
    yes but living in such a dynamic economy your bound to know one german person!!!!!lol:D
    yes a pig latin to english dictionary would help!!!!!
    I have ordered stuff from German companies before (who have spoken english :o ) and they all required a money transfer to their account direct. I see bank info on that website so I'd anticipate that is the same. Buying the wire transfer will add to the cost then?

(ps. I think it's a bit pathetic I don't speak another european language to be frank! :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

If you're getting watercooling you should get a PC with a nice big side window aswell. No use having watercooling if you can't show it off :) Well .. unless you count your PC being super quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Looks kinda boring :confused: , why do you want to buy antec? There are many other cases out there :).
    Looks don't appeal to me as much as the noise it makes, I look at the LCD monitor more than I look at the tower!
    There are many other cases out there, it's true, but this one has cool features (cable management, suspended HD system)

Has anyone got this case/worked with it first hand?
    gline wrote:
    what colour is the one u have? selling it?
    Grey! Yes, eventually, with the 350W PSU that came with it probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

i have the p150, it is a very easy case to work with (my first). the looks grow on you and build quality is excellant

Advertisement