Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Legal

Options
  • 01-02-2006 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

Boston Legal?

Is this any good?

RTE have in on Tuesdays after midnight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 DaisyD

Hi there ... Boston Legal is very funny, watched all of the first series on Living and really enjoyed it. Series 2 now showing on Living. Not sure is series 1 or 2 is on RTE. Shatner is excellent in it. My advice ... WATCH IT. Let me know what you think of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

Daisy is right, it's pretty funny, but it's alos serious at the same time...
    I watch it for the funny parts...

Shatner + Spader are the best in my opion...
    Shatner is the old coot with witty remarks, but I think that Spader steals the show with his un-orthadox legal practises...

Put simply you'll just have to watch it to understand what I mean, it's well worth a view...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Its basically Ally mcBeal mark 2. If you liked that, you'll like this. William Shatner is hilarious at times "Denny Crane" :D . & James Spader is surprisingly very good in it too. No idea why they had to bring in Murphy Brown though, shes the worst part of the show by a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

skywalker wrote:
    William Shatner is hilarious at times "Denny Crane".

I always tought it was Danny ?
    This is better then Ally McBeal... <--- slap stick
    Boston Legal has more dark humor, but wit serious undertones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Paddy100

its a hard show to describle. You have to watch it really but its brilliant. Shatner is excellent as Danny Crane. its not as slap stick as Ally McBeal. its more serious but funny at the same time. with The Practice and Ally McBeal both gone Boston Legal is a great replacement.

James Spader is brilliant and its great to see him in this role compared to his weird film roles!

watch it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I always tought it was Danny ?
    This is better then Ally McBeal... <--- slap stick
    Boston Legal has more dark humor, but wit serious undertones

Nah its Denny alright. & Its the same creator as Ally McBeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Boston Legal is a spin off of The Practice, there is a fair bit of overlap between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

It's a fookin' hoot that show. Shedloads of eye candy, very witty script, Shatner hamming it up to beat the band, Spader stealing every scene he's in and yer wan from Murphy Brown turns up as well every now and then.

I've got it on the Sky + recorder...'nuff said!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Shatner is f'in amazing in this. Great show, great eye candy, spaders good in it but shatners steals it for me.
    Candice Bergen has just come into it and the chemistry between her and shatners amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Nah,watched a few episodes and thought it was terrible. Shatner in particular was terrible,trying to be funny but failing horribly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Have just seen one episode from the 2nd series and really enjoyed it. Typical that RTE are showing it after midnight :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Dragging up this old thread because I am just watching this show and I think that James Spader's character is fantastic. He is perfectly suited to the role. I sometimes wonder in work what Alan Shore would do in my situation.

Great TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Where do you get these "serious undertones" from?Ive seen a few episodes of this and I thought it was ridiculous.A fine example of how not to make a tv show.It certainly doesnt qualify as a drama.If you like Home & Away you will prolly like Boston Legal, just dont approacj it expecting anything more.

nothing wrong with Home & Away btw ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

Tristram wrote:
    If you like Home & Away you will prolly like Boston Legal,

Dont reckon Boston Legal is aiming at the same audience as soap operas. Wouldnt call it drama either - its more off the wall than anything else.

PS cant stand ANY soap operas but boston legal was pretty funny - the few times I have caught it.

ChityWest wrote:
    Dont reckon Boston Legal is aiming at the same audience as soap operas. Wouldnt call it drama either - its more off the wall than anything else.

PS cant stand ANY soap operas but boston legal was pretty funny - the few times I have caught it.

No?The people who dont want to have to think category?I think it fits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

Tristram wrote:
    No?The people who dont want to have to think category?I think it fits.

Spose I must be one of the people who dont like to think category then.

Hell I dont like to think most of the time!In fact every day I try to think as little as possible.I think Im winning ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i often turn over to this after watching medium on bbc and I keep thinking that the husband in the medium joe debois and alan shore are played by the same guy...

I see that its Jake Weber, they do look alike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

there are definitely some serious undertones in the show, which imho is brilliant. Just watched an excellent episode where the credibility of the War in Iraq is questioned by Spader. If thats not serious in Americas current social climate I dont know what is.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

Denny Crane!!! :) Great Show, Spader and Shatner steal the show always!!!

• Advertisement

mise wrote:
    there are definitely some serious undertones in the show, which imho is brilliant. Just watched an excellent episode where the credibility of the War in Iraq is questioned by Spader. If thats not serious in Americas current social climate I dont know what is.

Topic is serious alright, how they handle it is more what I would be concerned with.Since I havent seen it Ill take your word.Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It's just not the Practice :(

I think the final series of that is still running on Sundays at 3 in the morning. Spader plays his character in Boston Legal in The Practice, hence it is a spin off to the practice but becomes more Ally McBeal then the Practice. :(

It of course took over from medium. To Be Continue. When???????????????? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Just got into this recently. Really loving it. "Danny Crane" thing is brilliant. Surprised this hasn't got a mor regular time slot on RTE or TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Oh! People they are doing strange things with this a Medium. Why are the interupting each show mid way through the first season? Madness.

Both show are exclent and should be give better time slots.

TV3 do not bid for the same shows RTE bid for, the cheapest shows for TV3 to make a buck.

Advertisement