Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XLR Connectors

Options
  • 01-02-2006 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

Inspired by unklerosco's current project I'm going to have a bash at wiring up a little junction box.

Anyone have any idea where one can get 3,4 and 6 pin XLR connectors that can handle around 24 amps? In Ireland preferably. And reasonably priced.

Like these

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

hehehehhe, indeed
    Tastey stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Maplin ?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/

Did a search for XLR and came up with loads. Prices might not be good, I wouldn't know. Try going into the shop and having a check.

A Junction box might just have to be going into my new project too. Gonna have to get a worklog sub forum for tweaking/modding ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

They all seem to be only rated for 16A though :(

I think that PCI-E connection should give around 20A so I need them strong enough for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Try any Dj equipment shop, since they are mainly used in the music industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I can get them for u, we use them for the camera power supplys n that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Maplin ?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/

Did a search for XLR and came up with loads. Prices might not be good, I wouldn't know. Try going into the shop and having a check.

A Junction box might just have to be going into my new project too. Gonna have to get a worklog sub forum for tweaking/modding ;)
    Why not use your boards.ie blog?
    Create a category for each mod project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

That's a good idea. UnkleRosco's thread seems to be working pretty well though, tweaking/modding doesn't get too many posts so he isnt getting spammed off the front page.

Hopefully ordering bits on monday so will be getting cracking soon enough hopefully.

Are you replacing all your connectors with XLR ones Wizz ? Sounds sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I will, but am having a bit of a problem with Vcore at the mo' so won't touch PSU til it's sorted to my satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I use www.thomann.de for all my music gear, the store is in germany but the delivery is very fast, In my experience Neutrik XLR plugs are the best quality, the prices are pretty good from thomann too.

Advertisement