Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Answering Machine Not Working on Blueface

Options
  • 01-02-2006 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Doing a monthly test on blueface via NTL BB. All going fine, no quality issues yet.
    One thing though is the answering machine on my DECT Phone is not working correctly (worked fine on Eircom).
    When I call my blueface fone from my mobile, and let it ring, the answer machine kicks in. I hear the message to leave a message, so I leave one and hang up.
    When I check my DECT fone, the display shows 1 missed call, but no new messages. Even if I check the messages, there are none.

Asked blueface support and they asked me to look at DECT Manual to see if there is anything in that.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

What does your Blueface call history say? Sounds like the DECT answering machine is hanging up the call prematurely. Probably doing some kind of silence detection on the call. Maybe Blueface could say which side is initiating the call tear-down. You might try a different codec.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Funny, it worked last night.
    Will keep an eye on it over next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

I've a similar issue. my answering machine has a message, when I listen to it, I get a beeping noise.

Also had people trying to get through last night but failed, blueface call history shows up as line busy? when it wasnt. This happened when said message was on the phone (but not deleted), I know the phone worked after I deleted the message.

Will try to play around with it this weekend.

also the time on my dect phone isnt keeping syn with real time since switch to blueface, it might be to do with this mailbox issue I dont know...

Mike

Advertisement