Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reinstalling windows with dodgey keys...

Options
  • 01-02-2006 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Hello My Friends! :D

Having a bit of trouble with my laptop... Due to a glass of water missing my mouth completely.. :eek: At the moment, windows seems corrupt, and I need the OS working properly in order to see if any other damage has been caused. Basically I need to reinstall Windows XP, but I have a few keys on the keyboard not functioning properly.

I don't have a USB keyboard at the moment, and need to type the Windows Serial Code when installing.
    Is there anyway to bypass the windows security code entry? Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get windows installed?

Thanks for taking the time to read :p
    Help greatly appriciated. :v:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Best bet is to get an external keyboard somewhere, if there was a legal way to bypass entering the key the world and it's granny would know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

The only way to avoid having to enter the key is to create an automated installation using a floppy, or a specially written CD.
    That way you can store the serial on the CD/floppy and the install program can read it from there, without requiring you to input it.

Google for "unattended XP install"
    You'll have to have a valid license key and another machine to create the install script (&/or burn the CD) on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Thanks for the replies lads, I appriciate your help!

And thank you Wizzard Man, I'm on the case right now :)

Advertisement