Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marquee Command

Options
  • 01-02-2006 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Im just doing a basic HTML site, all i want to do is have the marquue command isolated to a specific space. Like start at the specific line and end at a specific line. Like i dont want it to go from one side of the page to the other, I want it like the example below. Any help would be great thanks.

example:

______________<start here>_______________________________________________<end here>

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

Nooooo! For the sake of your site and your visitors, please don't use the marquee tag. It's very tacky and amateurish looking.

Having said that, if you still want to use it then you can position it properly by putting it in a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

ya i know, its only for a ****y website that my friend wants me to make for his gf birthday, just a few links, he loved the idea of the marquee command so ill leave him off. could you write the command for the table and have the marquee command inside please. im just very busy and dont really have the time to go to bloody websites n find tuts on it. thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

tom_ass19 wrote:
    im just very busy and dont really have the time to go to bloody websites n find tuts on it. thanks.
    :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

tom_ass19 wrote:
    ya i know, its only for a ****y website that my friend wants me to make for his gf birthday, just a few links, he loved the idea of the marquee command so ill leave him off.
    Yeah fair enough.
    could you write the command for the table and have the marquee command inside please. im just very busy and dont really have the time to go to bloody websites n find tuts on it. thanks.
    Uh.... no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I'll give you a hint.... <table>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Normally i would never do this but its so easy. Here you go..
    <html>

<head>
    <title>Page Title</title>
    </head>

<body>

<table border="0" width=100%>
      <tr>
        <td width="15%"></td>
        <td width="85%"><MARQUEE DIRECTION=RIGHT>Happy Birthday</MARQUEE></td>
      </tr>
    </table>

</body>

</html>

Here is a link of what it looks like
    http://members.boards.ie/brokenarrows/marq.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Strange I thought FF didn't support Marquee.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

tom_ass19 wrote:
    ya i know, its only for a ****y website that my friend wants me to make for his gf birthday, just a few links, he loved the idea of the marquee command so ill leave him off. could you write the command for the table and have the marquee command inside please. im just very busy and dont really have the time to go to bloody websites n find tuts on it. thanks.
    why did your friend ask you to design the site if you don't know how to do it?
    would you like us to design the entire thing for you? :rolleyes:

i only know basic html, im jus starting it in college so i dont know alot. i said id help him out even though i dont know alot. its the thought that counts ya no. Thanks for the code broken arrows. Much appreciated :)

tom_ass19 wrote:
    could you write the command for the table and have the marquee command inside please. im just very busy and dont really have the time to go to bloody websites n find tuts on it. thanks.
    tom_ass19 wrote:
    i only know basic html, im jus starting it in college so i dont know alot. i said id help him out even though i dont know alot. its the thought that counts ya no.

Surely the marquee and table tags were covered in your first few HTML lectures? Also the fact that you are doing it in college means that you should have some kind of notes on it. Anyhow, I suggest that if you are planning on passing the HTML exam then read through www.w3schools.com/html

• Advertisement

thanks, i was lookin for that site for ages, couldnt find it. thanks very much man..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

tom_ass19 wrote:
    i only know basic html, im jus starting it in college so i dont know alot. i said id help him out even though i dont know alot. its the thought that counts ya no.
    No it's not. It's the effort. But you'll find that out soon enough.

erm, its the first result in google for "html tutorial"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Normally i would never do this but its so easy. Here you go..

Please, oh, please, don't answer this sort of question.

Advertisement