Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transferring to UL

Options
  • 01-02-2006 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

I'm thinking of transfering from Lit..to ul.. do i have to go through cao or admissions (i;m in frist year) i cant get through to admissions and the website is no help

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Presume its this number http://www.ul.ie/admissions/
    We are on our 3 week break so there is much to admit while we are away although should be someone there all the time with the new Semester starting monday week?
    Could try ring the helpdesk and get transferred to someone in admin
    Tel: +353 (0) 61-202700, Fax: +353 (0) 61-330316

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

thanks mate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bittersweet

If you want to transfer you can either apply through the admissions route or through the CAO process, either way both avenues will mean that you will not start until September. Not sure if there's any other way. I would try both to make sure of your chances.

head of admissions is Barry Sharkey 061 202016 Office- EM024

Need any more info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

You've probably already found this out but back when I was doing the leaving I found out the story about transfers. Aparently you need a diploma before you can transfer in and then you get transfered into 2nd year (basically you do an extra year). That might have changed but thats the way it was done a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

Cosine wrote:
    You've probably already found this out but back when I was doing the leaving I found out the story about transfers. Aparently you need a diploma before you can transfer in and then you get transfered into 2nd year (basically you do an extra year). That might have changed but thats the way it was done a few years ago
    Diploma will get you into 3rd year now and a Higher Cert into 2nd, that's inflation for ya :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

Makes me feel like the last 2 years were a waste.

Thats it I quit!

I'm leaving this college for good!

What I need a degree to work at maccy d's? Nutsack!!!

Advertisement