Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Laptop thread

Options
  • 31-01-2006 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

Price range: E700-E1000
    Intended use: Internet, boardsing & the like, usually have a billion windows open

College stuff next year but I'm fairly sure if it can run broadband its not gonna have a problem with word

Some games, but I'm not much into half life & the like, just whatever the best version of age of empires, those type things

Playing music would also be good but more focus on the card rather than the sound as I have a surround sound system & headphones

I'd like a cd burner, maybe dvd burner but not vital

Hard drive space not too important, cant ever see myself filling more than 20 gigs, but never know so I'll say a min of 40

Want to be able to have wireless broadband & access to wi fi

Mobility: from the pictures a 15.4 inch screen looks like the way to go, I'd obviously like it to be as slim as possible but have to take cost into consideration

Based on how controlling apple are with formatting for the ipod I dont wanna go near any of their comps.

Any recommendations mucho appreciated

Comments

Advertisement