Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Blueface with Sipura ATA & Linksys Router

Options
  • 31-01-2006 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭

I just bought Paulm's infamous Sipura 2100 ATA yesterday and tried getting it setup with my Linksys Wireless A&G WRT55AG router.

I could get voip working when connecting the ATA directly to my NTL cable modem, and then connecting the PC port of the AtA to my PC (internet connection on PC worked too), but couldnt get them all working together when I connected the ATA to the router.

I connected WAN port of ATA to the NTL cable modem, and the PC port of the ATA to the Internet port of the router, and one of the other ports on the router to the PC. When I had this setup nothing worked - LAN, Voip or Internet connection.

Any ideas on what way is best to set this up? Am I right to have the ATA before the router and do I need to set the Linksys router as a DMZ on the ATA?

Nice one, just hoping I can get this all up and running when I get home tonight and not have another night of headwrecking network issues.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I didn't use this set up but as I sold it I'll try to help. :)

Cable modem -> Router -> ATA.

Have the ATA get it's IP from the router. DHCP or not is your choice.

Open the necessary SIP ports on the router to allow it communicate to the ATA.

I can't remember what ports.

(I was wrecked when you called last night so couldn't say that :D )

Advertisement