Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI Omega Drivers

Options
  • 31-01-2006 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Ho Folks,

I just stumbled across this chap's drivers today. Apparantly he provides alternative drivers to ATI and nVidia and seemingly they offer better performance. I believe they are based on the latest set of drivers from each company, but he tweeks/modify's/edits them to offer gain better performance.

Has anyone here used them, do you know if they are any good?
    http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Yep they are good. They often provide features that the respective companies QA departments think are not ready for release.

However, treat them as BETA drivers - since there can be some problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I to only discovered these a few days ago, installed them and saw a definite improvement in my CSS frames :). Iv only heard good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Grand thanks guys, I'll give them a whirl.
    Most definetly will treat them as BETA, will keep the original's handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Thumbs up for the omega drivers from me too. Used them until recently but I've jumped ship to Nvidia. Reminds me to have a look for something similar for the forceware drivers. Anyone know of decent quality ones besides the nvidia ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

There are loads for nVidia. Check out Gurud£d for downloads and lists/descriptions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Dingatron wrote:
    Thumbs up for the omega drivers from me too. Used them until recently but I've jumped ship to Nvidia. Reminds me to have a look for something similar for the forceware drivers. Anyone know of decent quality ones besides the nvidia ones?
    The guy has tweaked nVidia drivers on the same site.

Though they are from about 4 months ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Yeah I just spotted that although they're probably well out of date now. The guru3d site looks good and has some new forceware drivers just a few days old. Thanks all.

Advertisement