Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guitarist and/or singer wanted!

Options
  • 31-01-2006 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hey,

We are a brand new 3 piece, just starting up at the minute. We have Drums, bass and guitar at present and we are looking for anyone that can sing and/or play guitar. Influences include artic monkeys, franz ferdinand, coldplay, metallica, green day, foo fighters, the killers, loads n loads more! Basically influences dont really matter as people with different influences help the band be more creative!! Listed them to give an idea of what we're about! If you wanna talk more, please PM me and i'll answer any questions :)

Thanks

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭lifegamer

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Ken-Byrne

whereabouts are you from?

We're all from dublin area and can be flexible about where we reahearse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Lint

There's 4 million people in Dublin man you'll have to be a bit more specific than that

don't think there's that many people in Dublin! Anyhow, we practice in the city centre but if there's another place that one might like try somewhere closer or handier we'd give it a go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Nuffster

Are ye picky about whether it's a guy or a girl?

Nope! All that we ask is that you are over 18 (or gigs will be a major problem!!) and that you are willing to give it a try!

I don't mind if the person is a guy or girl so long as they can sing and/or play guitar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Ken-Byrne

i'm livin in kildare and depending where you are in dublin i might give it a go, pm me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

There's 4 million people in Dublin man

I think you'l find theres not four million people in dublin or anywhere near that number

The population of ireland in total is only about 4million anyhow I thought... I get to reply AND bump my thread at the same time

Hooray for multi-tasking!

:D

PS

Thanks to all those who PM'd me and replied to the thread. We are still looking for a guitarist and we have gotten some very nice friendly people PM'ming and we're gonna try organise a few rehearsals soon and let people come down and see what they think of us! PM me or reply here and we'll get in touch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭kbyrne

Hi, i'm a guitarist/singer, what kinda music are yee playing, i'd be interested

hey kbyrne,

influences include Influences include artic monkeys, franz ferdinand, coldplay, metallica, green day, foo fighters, the killers and loads more that we'd be here all day mentioning. We're writing lots of our own material and we'd prefer to do originals mostly with the odd cover thrown in at a gig! The music we'd be playing is a mix of everything and anything really has a good sound to it. Personally i've seen and heard a lot of bands who once you've heard one song you've heard them all and I wouldn't like our band to be the same. it'd be great if we could mix few bits and pieces and keep the sound intersting and different but one that is distinctly ours! Hope that answers your question!

D:D

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭kbyrne

yeah it does, do you still need guitarist/singer?

We are still looking indeed. We have had lots of PM's and we're organising a rehearsal soon. Then we are going to ask those that PM'd and are interested to drop down. The respone has been huge and I didn't expect that and we'll try our best to give everyone who wants to come along for a jam a fair chance to drop down!

It'll be next week sometime when we get a session organised :)

bumping is fun....

I totally agree....
    lifegamer wrote:
    bumping is fun....

BUMP

Hey everyone,

We are still looking for a guitarist for the band. If you can sing, that's a plus but not a requirement as we have gots ourselves a lead vocalist! Rythm or lead doesn't matter as such, one you can do what you say you can! lol

Lifegamer

bumpety bump

Advertisement