Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access 2000 Combo box question

Options
  • 30-01-2006 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi
    I hope someone can help me with this (might be a bit of a head wrecker though).
    I used to work with databases a while back, and have just returned to working with them. Alas I'm a bit rusty.
    My problem, is that I want to create a form that allows admin people to quickly record reported user errors. The object is to record the error and how long it took to resolve the error.

There are 3 categories of error (a,b,c) for 3 different applications (x,y,z). A is a serious error, b is not so serious and c is trivial.

Each error category can have an unlimited number of error descriptions. E.G. a category A error might be a 'system error that requires a rebuild' or a 'corrupt database message, requiring instant repair and server downtime' and so on. (these error descriptions will not necessarily be the same for each application).

On the form, I want the user to be able to select the application (x/y/z) from a drop down menu and then pick the category of error from a dropdown menu (a/b/c). Finally and this is the hard bit (for me anyway), I want the user to get a dropdown of the applicable error descriptions. The descriptions are different according to the application chosen. So the combo box would somehow be able to know what application and categories were chosen and filter the descriptions accordingly. It should also be possible to manually enter a unique error description that doesnt appear on the list in the combo box.

Don't know if this make sense.. appreciate your help

Advertisement