Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Management Qualification

Options
  • 30-01-2006 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I am currently working on a fairly major implemention of a CRM system. My role currently is more on the line of Technical Architect/Business Consultant. I have also found that I am also managing communications between customer and client, as well as project managing a team of developers. I would now like to take this year to gain a qualification in Project management. Are there any PM's on this board?. Any advice. I have looked at the project management institute web site.
    Currently self employed,so will be funding this myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

Prince2 is a UK one and very well recognised
    http://www.ogc.gov.uk/prince2/

you can buy the books and take the exams yourself so the cost would be minimal. You can also do a course.

2 exams
    1 basics (tick the box type exam, but you need to know it)
    2 written (sample project and you use your prince2 knowledge tp do work open book)

i think i have "Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2" as a pdf

• Subscribers Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the diploma course that the project management institute do is well recognised, although a bit steep for funding yourself..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Global Knowledge do a 4 day course in Project Management Essentials, followed by a 4 day course in IT Project Management.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

thanks all. will follow these up.

Advertisement