Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Plumber

Options
  • 30-01-2006 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good plumber, who is reliable, does a clean job and completes it properly.

I want to move our boiler (oil) from the utility to being externally housed.
    It also needs a service and a new timer.

Thanks

J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

I used Kevin Walsh and very good -
    087 7979133

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jasonh

Thanks a mill James - I'll give him a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

im in the market for a plumber also.....oranmore area....is he reasonable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 rollover

re someone in the oranmore area tom lally is quite good (087 2517795)
    or steven o brien is highly recommended (087 6377926)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

jasonh wrote:
    Thanks a mill James - I'll give him a go.

Any good?

• Advertisement

James - I didn't in the end.

We eventually got in contact with the plumber who serviced it last time.

J'sus - I would advise anyone to service their boiler at least every 12months, and get someone who either knows exactly your boiler model or who has access to a person who does.

Our plumber:

Serviced it
    Replaced the thermostat (he advised to get these replaced every 1 - 2 years)
    Replaced the timer with a digital one - makes life alot easier definitely a shed load better than them manual ones
    And he still wasn't happy with the way the burner was turning off/on all the time. Got a Firebird (boiler model) fella in who performed diagnostics and found out that the solanoid (spell?) was feck'd and therefore replaced that'n'all.

Now the boiler is at its best since we bought the bloody thing.
    No noise, no smell and the rads seem to be outputting more heat.#
    Well worth the 350 yoyos in my opinion.

As for the oranmore plumber you recommended i've past this on to a mate who lives in oranmore and is in need of a plumber so hopefully I will have some feedback for you in the future.

thanks again.

j.

oh yes - and we have decided not to move the boiler outside till we have built the garage and then we can house it in there.

Advertisement