Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Jan 29] NRAI F-class League

Options
  • 28-12-2005 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

N.R.A.I. F- CLASS LEAGUE

The annual N.R.A.I. f-class league starts on the 29 january 2006 and will be held on the last sunday of every month on the Midland National Shooting Centre of Ireland ranges.
    Distances: 300, 500 AND 600yds.
    Rounds to be fired: 2 sighters and 10 to score.
    v-bulls: Will be half minute of angle
    I.C.F.R.A. rules apply.
    Range fees: 20 euro members, 45 euro non members.
    Those wanting to take part must inform the M.N.S.C.I. on 0506 54643 to book their place, by the 22 januarY 2006.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Any results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭boudica

The NRAI F-CLASS league got of to a flying start on the new butts and target system installed on the MNSCI RANGES. This system is up to international standards and can carter for 48 fullbore shooters.
    FULL REPORT AND RESULTS ARE AVAILABLE ON www.nrai.ie with photo's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 springer

Hi all, just viewed the N.R.A.I Website and I must say Im impressed. Personally I am a member of a few clubs and I really enjoy shooting sports (including hunting) Both hunting and target shooting are shared fifty-fifty as far as I am concerned.
    Im interested in F Class shooting because you can use almost any Rifle and sight scope.
    For hunting reasons most of my shooting is done within 200 yards,I know my Brno 6.5 /55 with good target ammo (lapau 139 grain) can shoot further distances and now that the hunting season is near an end I would like to take up F Class Shooting

I have seen the type of firearms used on the Midlands Range and I must say there is some good equipment there for long range shooting which is great to see. However my dilemma is my hunting Rifle wouldnt be up to the same standards as some of the Rifles Ive seen there and I would be at a disadvantage in competition.
    Would there be any chance of a hunters class in F Class competitions?

You are reading our minds springer.
    The NRAI are at the moment putting together a class in the current f-class league, for, sporter or of the shelf rifles.
    The NRAI WILL HAVE THIS SPORTER CLASS IN THE NEXT MATCH AT THE END OF FEBURARY SEE(www.nrai.ie) for details of next f-class match.
    Why not come down to the MNSCI RANGES before then and see the ranges, AND EVEN GET TALKING TO SOME OF THE GUYS AND GALS PRATICING ON THE 600.
    We will be delighted to see you springer. ehh do you have a dog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 b52

Hi Boutica
    Just Been Reading With Intrest About Your F Class Shoot Is The Invitation Open To All Shooters With Hunting Rifles. My Dad Has A Bruno Which He Left Me But I Have Not Taken Out Yet.i Would Like To View This Type Of Shooting In More Detail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mosulli4

Boudica,

I have checked out the nrai website. The photos are interesting. There is some really exotic hardware being used. That Sako TRG with moderator really caught my eye. Any idea who owns it and how it performs? Is that a Reflex moderator? How effective is it do you know?

regards and thanks,

mosulli4

PS- I am a midlands member, so I must definitely drop down to the 600 yard line next time I'm there...

Boudica Thanks for the response ,I hope that class of shooting will happen for hunting rifles it would be fairer all around and Im sure will entice more shooters like myself to attend :)

I am a member of the M.N.S.C.I and what brought me there were the deer society shoots . Its an excellent facility for me to zero my Rifle, unfortunately I dont get to shoot there as often as I would like. I will have more time to shoot there from March onwards as a matter of fact Ill be there this Saturday for the deer competency course, hopefully I will be allowed to observe the course of fire for I too will be a candidate for this course in due time (fingers crosssed Ill pass)

PS yes I do have a dog hes a liver and white springer spaniel ,a really good hunting dog, a good beater for flushing pheasents and an excellent retriever.
    MANS BEST FRIEND FOR SURE

Hi B52
    What calibre is your Brno? My first deer hunting Rifle was a Brno .270 ,now I have changed it to a 6.5x55. Im not sorry either I prefer this one as its the best of both worlds for hunting and target shooting.
    I take it we are in the same boat in regards to wanting a sporting class in the F class competitions on the range in the midlands

In response to you b52 get that bruno out of mot balls, why not come down to the MNSCI.
    Sundays are best for meeting some of the F-CLASS SHOOTERS.
    As a matter of interest there was one 6.5x55 SAKO HEAVY BARREL SPORTER RIFLE IN THE COMPETITION, and it shot well.

If you are not a member of the MNSCI you must attend the zero range before going to the range to shoot competition.

the Sako TRG performs very well, as you would expect from a Sako, I don't know if it is a reflex moderator, sorry.

From what I can remember on calibres and types, most were 6.5x284, then 6.5x55, actly 6.5x55,and .308.
    Rifle types, some were costom built these tended to be 6.5x284 and were the ones winning.

Having said all that the Sako sporter finished in the top five, so its not all down to power.
    Marksmanship, understanding and getting the most out of your equipment are as important.
    keep a watch on www.nrai.ie for futher updates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dbar

Why is it called a "V-Bull" ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

Because "V" is the Roman numeral for five. Like you have an "X" ring on a target that scores out of ten.

I was on the Midlands Range last Saturday. I was allowed to observe the Deer Competency Course and its not as easy as it looks (beware)
    Personally Id be sure to get a bit of practice in before the course.
    They had 16 Deer targets for each detail and these targets can be raised up and down out of the butts like a military range butts system,so I was thinking wouldnt they make a great target for an actual competition for hunting rifles--Why not?

I missed out on the F Class competition although Ill try and get the next one,there are just a few weeks left in the hunting season and after that I have no excuse :)

How was the course ran and what was it for.And about this competition what had you in mind.

WHY not springer make a proposal to the NRAI they are allways open to ideas
    The new target system is brillant, is'ent it.
    THERE ARE 5 DATES FOR F-CLASS LEAGUE COMPETITION BEFORE THE INTERNATIONAL AT THE END OF APRIL,AND A SPORTER CLASS WILL BE INCLUDED.
    THE NEXT F-CLASS LEAGUE MATCH WILL BE 26 OF FEBURARY, THE RULES WILL BE ON www.nrai.ie this week FOR SPORTER CLASS.

I contacted the N.R.A.I in relation to the hunting and sporting class in an F Class Competition.I was informed there is now a sporting class,but no hunters class. Im a bit disappointed with this although they say the sporting class would be much the same as the hunting class (hope so)

Hi B52 you still havent told me what calibre of rifle you have. Are you interested in doing the deer competence course. If you are I suggest you go to the M.N.S.C.I to observe one before you actually do one as it will give you an idea how best to prepare before you start. F class shooting doesnt appear to be an advantage for this course regards springer

Hi Springer.
    The Bruno I have is .270 my dad used it for years but I find it a little uncomfortable to use.So I am thinking of changing. I went ot the national shooting centre on Sunday in the midlands to look for some advice, very helpful bunch. They have created some place down there. It was packed. With accents from all over the country, the choice and range of guns being used I am now even more confused as what to do. I was like a child in a sweet shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DJKH

For those of you with and interest attached is an article from February 2006 NRA Shooting Sports, summary of the development in the USA. Looks like the targets will be standarised, in any case a good summary artticle:

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

I presume that the Guy is standing beside the 1000 yd target!

If thats a 1000 yard target i ll have to say thats mighty fine shooting.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 1911

So whos all going to shoot this week-end????
    I am thinking about heading now to watch,

Advertisement