Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

...Lisbon

Options
  • 30-01-2006 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Flying in on Sunday for a week of exciting chill-outness. Wednesday week Depeche Mode is playing and we are going there to see them.

For the remaining 6 days I haven´t got the faintest idea what the place has to offer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

there are a lot of squares, and statues. a lot. and the trams are cool, they go through buildings. i wasnt there for long but its a nice city. go to the cathedral, and theres a castle too on top of a hill, great view. there was a beer festival on the day i was there, but was just passing thru so i dont really know much about the place. there are plenty of bars that have women singing traditional songs and dancing, it was pretty fun. have a good time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

I am flying in tomorrow! Can´t wait. Depeche Mode is playing there on wednesday the 8th February.

Report about it will be here soon: www.concert-reviews.net

Thanks

TJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

HI TJ
    Hope you enjoy Depeche Mode. Please post back about your experience in Lisbon. I would love to hear all about it as my parents are going at the end of May. Have a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Got back on Sunday and despite the fact that even in February they had up to 24 degrees Lisbon itself is great as well.

PICT0283.jpg

PICT0286.jpg

PICT0298.jpg

PICT0419.jpg

PICT0445.jpg

Basically they have 4 tram lines with literally all places to go and see along those lines.

It is cheap in comparison to Dublin which makes spending easy.

We did it all! from floating across the sea in a cable car (get off at "Oriente") to the Radio Museum, Ocenarium (europes biggest by the way), pavillion of knowledge, music museum, zoo, edward VII. park, all the monuments in town, tower of belem ...

The hotel although very cheap wasn´t great tho.

Advertisement