Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good hostel in Central London

Options
  • 30-01-2006 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My and a few mates are going to London for Paddy's weekend. Can anyone recommend a good hostel in the centre of all the action ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Okay, London has many "centres" so the hostel you end up in may not be anywhere near where you intend to hang out.

Have you got any destinations in mind before you go? What's your budget? How many to a room? What do you want to do/see/etc. etc. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Earls court hostel is good apparently.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

hi grahamor

this hostel is really good craic i dont know the website but sure i'l google it in a minute
    its right in the centre of london its called picadilly hostel
    staff are lovely and its so handy to get around london from picadilly.
    il try find the website for you now.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

As Minesajackdaniels says, best approach to London is to figure out where you're going first and then get accomodation near there.

There's worse places to base yourself then picadilly - it's easy to get to Soho and Leicster sq walking and is near a decent tube service. There's better areas of London perhaps though...

I've stayed in the hostel mentioned by rsta twice, the second time reminded me why I didn't like the place. It's merits are its location and the fact that it's a bed for the night. I didn't find the service good, checking in is slow, breakfast is a joke and I wouldn't call the place comfortable. They did move our room fairly easily though when we complained about the lack of heat. The next room smelled a bit (probably why the window had been left open) and half the floor covering had been dug up, but it was warmer...

Stayed here http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/InternationalStudentHouse-London-515 and found it much better. It's slightly less central but a better hostel. All depends what you're looking for though.

Why not got to the Cheltenham gold cup for the day :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement