Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Console Modding Video Tutorial Idea

Options
  • 29-01-2006 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭

Guys over the last few days I've been thinking of making instructional videos in the style of www.systm.org or www.thebroken.org for software modifying the Xbox and hacking the PSP and modifying various other consoles, perhaps even the Gamecube or PS2. I can't really do it on my own as a one man show would in my opinion be boring for the viewer so I was wondering if anybody else here would be interested in being a co-host for this new show. Preferably someone with experience of being in front of the camera and with console/handheld modding experience.

So anybody interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Take it nobody's interested then... no?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm on for recording an Xecuter 2.6 solder install if I can get a camera off someone in Galway, can rip to mpeg2, burn and mail it to you for editing.

I'm not sure there's any need though. If someone is competent enough to do a mod, they can take 5 minutes to read one of the dozen guides on the net.

Hrmm... see that's the thing I have no experience with hardmodding an Xbox yet so I don't think I'd be up for that. I was kinda thinking more non invasive mods such as softmodding, especially the PSP and Xbox. I *think* you can softmod a Gamecube too using a Phantasy Star Online exploit and uploading content to it over a network but don't quote me on that. I know the guides on the net can be extremelly helpful but there are no step by step videos out there. As I said, something along the lines of what the guys at www.systm.org get up to, only for console modding and the such like.

Perhaps even venturing into the area of overclocking and that kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

Kind of like www.psphacking101.com ?

Whao ok never knew that existed, downloading now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Sneaky_Russian

there is a softmoding video tutorial made by smdepot.net

i don't think it's available on the site anymore though....

Advertisement