Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderators

Options
  • 29-01-2006 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭

Right. Heres your chance to have your say about the moderators on the boards.

Are they really needed?
    Are they little hitlers?:eek:
    Do you feel that you are getting a fair crack of the whip with your posts?
    Should free speech/opinions be allowed without the risk of editing?
    Have you had a bad experience?
    How do you think the forum can be improved (silly question, it cant :D )

The list above is just for ideas to get started. Tell us what you think. Myself and nanook will try to answer/respond and give our views on your comments. Remember, we are talking about mods in general and not necessarily the mods of this forum although feel free to post your comments about us too.

The rules for this thread will be slightly relaxed insofar as you can say whatever you want, within reason, about the mods without getting a ban BUT beware foul and abusive posts will not be tolerated nor will personal attacks on either the mods or other members.

So lets be having you then :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Are they really needed?
    Yes, but they should be more relaxed. The boards will run smoother and they will have less work.

Are they little hitlers?:eek:
    A lot of them are :eek: when people are in power for a long period they get big heads. If you notice the complaints in the Feedback area are always about mods that have been around for a long time. I think mods should be swapped around say once every 2 years or so.

Most of the time, some times i will have a laugh and post something stupid and sometimes i will get in trouble for it, i don't mind getting in trouble as long as its equal for all members!!!

Should free speech/opinions be allowed without the risk of editing?
    Yes

Have you had a bad experience?
    A few small ones

How do you think the forum can be improved (silly question, it cant :D )
    When a mod bans someone they should send a simple PM saying why they were banned and for how long. And shouldn't be allowed say something like "you are banned for the for-seeable future"

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

I would like to add something here.

As other forums go, both Muffler and I are a bit lax on the initial running of the forum but it has to be said that we are only here to overlook the running tof the place.
    At times i would hounestly say that yes I can be a bit overpowering here, I am just stating what ppl are thinking. I have never intended to annoy, rile some one up the wrong way.
    BUT, here it is, we are here to ensure that we have harmony, yes at times it may seem that we can be heavy handed and yes it may seem that way, but i ask you this.
    Stand outside of the comment and look at what is going on in an impartial way and see what we have to do.

Just thought i would get my say across before the abuse starts.

Hope you all have a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Good to see the Mods in the North West have a sense of humour. Unlike some others I won't mention in case their egos run wild and I get banned everywhere.:D

nanook wrote:
    I would like to add something here.

As other forums go, both Muffler and I are a bit lax on the initial running of the forum but it has to be said that we are only here to overlook the running tof the place.
    At times i would hounestly say that yes I can be a bit overpowering here, I am just stating what ppl are thinking. I have never intended to annoy, rile some one up the wrong way.
    BUT, here it is, we are here to ensure that we have harmony, yes at times it may seem that we can be heavy handed and yes it may seem that way, but i ask you this.
    Stand outside of the comment and look at what is going on in an impartial way and see what we have to do.

Just thought i would get my say across before the abuse starts.

Hope you all have a good day.

:) i have never come accross you as a mod and you seem nice, but wait for more replies and i know for a fact i will get abuse from some mods because of what i said in my first post. More mods like you around would help the place i.e. mods who listen to members and reply nicely

wait, is this about mods on boards.ie or just mods from this section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

its about all mods but you are also allowed to post nice things about nanook and yours truly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

muffler wrote:

Personally I feel there should be a set limit of 10 lashings per poster.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Stark wrote:
    Personally I feel there should be a set limit of 10 lashings per poster.
    Nice one :D:D

well to fair this should only be about the north west forum but lets see your opinions and we might move this to the feedback board

Jesus, we are getting away very lightly here for the moment.

I thought Muffler was going to be slated, HE SHOULD BE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I'm have never been banned except when I deserved it. Therefore, no complaints!

• Advertisement

nanook wrote:
    well to fair this should only be about the north west forum but lets see your opinions and we might move this to the feedback board

Nanook, if I slate muffler will you ask him not to ban me.:D

nanook wrote:

I have no problems with any north west mods :)

nanook wrote:

I started a thread like this in feedback, and i was banned from feedback for it. I was told it was not allowed because it might belittle some mods. The way i see it if members have a problem with a mod and want to discuss it openly they should be allowed.

I should really have posted earlier but yes, nanook is right, this is mostly about ourselves (the 2 muskateers). We would appreciate feedback as to how people out there see the NW forum mods.

As Fighting Irish posted above it is also a good idea to see what the mods are like in the other forums.

In fairness this is probably one of the easiest forums to mod on account of the members here and as a thank you we will allow you to give yourselves a great round of applause. I would not relish the thought of modding the soccer forum. Now thats rough.

I think we have given you all a fair bit of leeway and nanook has so far got only one notch (banning) on the mod stick while I have none .... yet:D

But keep your opinions coming and as I said earlier you can say mostly anything providing it is not offensive or downright filthy

muffler wrote:
    II think we have given you all a fair bit of leeway and nanook has so far got only one notch (banning) on the mod stick while I have none .... yet:D

I may have one Banning on my belt, BUT I HHAVE NEVER BEEN BANNED, not like some i can mention :rolleyes:

Muffler tut tut

The cat is out of the preverbial scrotem now and I have to own up and say - YES, I got a banned for a month for trying to defend one of our members and fellow county man.

But I was younger then and had no sense :D

If anyone wants a good laugh or indeed if anyone E V E R thinks that myself or nannok are full cousins of Hitler then have a look at this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=50784138#post50784138

What if you had MR GONESHOOTIN modding here. As I told him by way of a PM (the only way of contacting him cause he refused to meet me out in the street :) ) there would be nobody left here if he was in charge

muffler wrote:
    The cat is out of the preverbial scrotem now and I have to own up and say - YES, I got a banned for a month for trying to defend one of our members and fellow county man.

But I was younger then and had no sense :D

If anyone wants a good laugh or indeed if anyone E V E R thinks that myself or nannok are full cousins of Hitler then have a look at this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=50784138#post50784138

What if you had MR GONESHOOTIN modding here. As I told him by way of a PM (the only way of contacting him cause he refused to meet me out in the street :) ) there would be nobody left here if he was in charge

Strange, how come I can't access that thread? Where have I seen the name goneshootin before? It all becomes a bit of a blur. Aaaahhhhh! I got banned last week from a certain forum. So now I have to be a good wee smashey and houl me tongue.:p

Any of you guys know inniscrone/enniscrone?

Love that place

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yes it's nice :P

You guys are doing a fine job here, don't think I don't check up daily on all the posts in my precious northwest. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Northwest kicks ass! Up Donegal (Inishowen is the best though) :D

• Advertisement

R0ot wrote:
    Northwest kicks ass! Up Donegal (Inishowen is the best though) :D
    Yeeee haaahhh

Give us your thoughts on the mods here, mods in general and of course the NW forum

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Mods here are grand. Not that I'd be biased or anything :D

The North-West forum is good, though I'm surprised it doesn't get a bit more traffic. Maybe there is some super-NW-forum that I'm unaware of.

That said, things have began to pick up in the past few months, and let's hope the trend continues! I'd imagine the more that's discussed in here, the more search results in Google point to here. Have yet to test that theory though!

muffler wrote:
    Yeeee haaahhh

Give us your thoughts on the mods here, mods in general and of course the NW forum[/QUOTE

Never really into mods. I always thought of myself as more a rocker than a mod.:D

smashey wrote:
    muffler wrote:
    Yeeee haaahhh

Give us your thoughts on the mods here, mods in general and of course the NW forum[/QUOTE

Never really into mods. I always thought of myself as more a rocker than a mod.:D

hmmmmm very drool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Moderators ?..

Every forum needs moderators, it is a difficult and no doubt an extremely [at times] frustrating voluntary role, but they are only human after all.

However, they do make mistakes which are not easily rectified, and I personally have yet to see ' an apology ' from a moderator on Boards.ie ?.. am I missing something ?...

P.:cool:

Paddy20 wrote:
    Moderators ?..

Every forum needs moderators, it is a difficult and no doubt an extremely [at times] frustrating voluntary role, but they are only human after all.

However, they do make mistakes which are not easily rectified, and I personally have yet to see ' an apology ' from a moderator on Boards.ie ?.. am I missing something ?...

P.:cool:

Paddy, welcome back. In relation to your comment, what do is personal if we edit a comment then we feel it is untoward or off topic, hence we feel we are right in what we are doing. That is why there is no apology.

It is nothing personal, we believe that we are right in what we are doing, it is just unfortunate that the poster feels they are right in what they are doing. It is a catch 22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Thanks for spotting the unfair reference to me as one of the small minority of the population (Donegal Accidents)

I think the only problem with a forum like this is that sometimes we do not feel it necessary to write a long drawn out piece explaining every outlook and responding to every point or criticism.

Thats not really a mod point, but each of us needs to look at how we read into each others points.

For the record I think this Board is fantastic and much better than the ramblings of Radio Shows.

Advertisement