Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermaltake Kandalf case problem

Options
  • 29-01-2006 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Ok I bought this off jammer but he never gave me the manal! I have ask for it many times but get no reply! Anyhow this is wrecking my head badly! There is a led in the top of the doors at the front that will not light up!

Now I have broke out my multimeter and there is voltage getting to it! I dont no did it work for jammer or not caus I cant get a hold of him since before christmas! I would really like to have this light working. I know it's only a small thing but it would be nice to have it working!

Thanks for any advice in advance!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

buy a new led....and solder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

was thinking as much myself! Will any LED work or will I have to get one that will work on a certain voltage? Some dont like working with more than 9v!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

They cost nothing, buy a few and just try them by touching the wires.......you'll get it right quick enough

cheers i'l get a few in college during the week!

Ok I'm wondering does anyone have the manual for this case? My heart is broken trying to get a hold of jammer to get it. He refuses to text me, answer my calls and pms as well. He wont reply to anything at all..

I'm wondering if anyone has one could they find out what the microswitch does in the case. It's situated and the back corner where you take of the side with the window and also how you wire it up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Ok I'm wondering does anyone have the manual for this case? My heart is broken trying to get a hold of jammer to get it. He refuses to text me, answer my calls and pms as well. He wont reply to anything at all..

I'm wondering if anyone has one could they find out what the microswitch does in the case. It's situated and the back corner where you take of the side with the window and also how you wire it up?

I do believe this triggers a warning when the side panel of the case is removed. You plug the jumper into the mobo, just check your mobo manual and it should have pins for this.

ok can you confirm this for sure? The connector is labeled micro switch (I think)

Well when you remove the side panel does this switch get flipped in any way? Im paging through a few reviews here but they usually dont mention small things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Have you emailed Thermaltake? They usually havea quick response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Domster

I've got this case and yep, it's an alarm of sorts or so it says in the instructions. I've never actually used it. People no better than to take the side of me computer case off when I'm not there. I'd skin em alive!!

You'll notice there's a little black button or nobbly bit stickin' out from the Micro cable. When the side of the case is on, this button is pressed down. When you take it off, the button is released and the alarm sounds.

• Advertisement

Domster could you check the manual and see how they suggest to wire it up? I don't have the manual for it... Cheers....

Domster could you check the manual and see how they suggest to wire it up? I don't have the manual for it... Cheers....

The manual for the case aint going to tell you that, your motherboard manual will tell you which pins are used for this wouldnt it? I no my motherboard has pins for such a thing, cant remember how they word it.

sound i'l check it out this weekend so! Thanks for all your help guys!

Advertisement