Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell inspirion 1300 can i get better than this?

Options
  • 28-01-2006 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi. you can buy an inspirion 1300 from Dell for e789 with the following specs:
    Intel® ® Pentium® M Processor 735A (1.70GHz 2MB, L2 Cache 400MHz FSB & Dell Truemobile 1370 Wireless LAN PC Card 802.11b/g

Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
    512 MB 400 MHz DDR SDRAM Memory
    60GB Hard Drive
    15.4" Widescreen WXGA (1280x800) Monitor
    Integrated Direct AGP Graphics Card
    Integrated 8xDVD+RW Drive
    56K Data Fax Modem
    90 Day Collect and Return Service ???

The link is : http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/inspn_1300?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs

Is this a good price for this type of laptop. I have been told to avoid the dell website as they will rip you off etc. however I have not been able to find a better model anywhere else for this price. This is the upper limit of money I would be able to afford and ideally I would like to get a laptop with similar specs for less money. Any help anyone can give me would be great.

P.S. the dell website also offers the exact same laptop except with this processer instead:Intel® Celeron® M Processor 360 (1.40GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 400MHz FSB) & Dell TrueMobile 1370 Wireless LAN PC Card 802.11b/g for only e669.Is the extra money worth it to upgrade to a pentium?
    I am in college so the laptop will primarily be used for study and processing data in an engineering project I am working on. I don't care about gaming performance but I want to be able to backup DVDs.

Thanks a lot

daragh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It sounds to me like you won't be doing much data crunching here -- just MS Office & web surfing, I'm guessing?
    I suppose a Celeron M would fulfill your needs there, then -- just get it some extra memory (512mb or 1Gb) from Crucial.

Advertisement