Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canal Digitaal in Ireland.

Options
  • 27-01-2006 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

I would like to know if its possible to get Canal Digitaal in Ireland without having residence in the Netherlands.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

yes its possible, most sites ive seen can give you a card that is subscribed to for 12months but is very expensive, and you need a conax cam or receiver.

Edit: didnt see the second a

yeah like kaiser said google it, sites have it, and i assume you have the right receiver?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

i think they have their own FTV type card but it costs something 250 euros or so.

edit: yep google canal digitaal card and go to the penta..... site , 249 euros, dont know what channels u get though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

check LJs satellite football site. he sells them all at the start of the footy season but be quick because his stock does fly out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭SRB

They use Mediaguard (Seca), not Conax. The FTV card only covers the free "domestic" channels, Ned 1,2,3, RTL4,5,7, TMF, SBS 6 etc. It doesn't cover the "pay" channels with movies and football. If you know someone in the Netherlands it is easy enough to get a FTV card, much like the UK ones. You pay a yearly fee but it's not a lot of money for the FTV cards. The sub package is obviously expensive, but much the same as Sky, though you get fewer channels. The dealers selling these cards have quite a big mark up, BTW, so be warned !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Yep they are very expensive. Seen a 12 month sub for just over a grand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

A bit of cross wire here guys. I think what the OP was enquiring about was the Canal+ Netherlands package on 19E and not the C+Scandinavia package on 1W.

I am looking into trying to get a few of the Dutch cards so I'll let you know if I have any luck. I assume your interest for this package stems from the amount of games they showed yesterday. It was fairly impressive alright, but as I have posted in another thread, Art are expected to add Art Sport 5, and 6 to their line up on Hotbird in mid Feb. So thats more footy coverage from Art.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Canal Digitaal was bought out supposedly and cable tv is far more popular in holland then satellite, so the new owners are not going to buy new transponder space for those new soccer channels so you only get the first one, but cable shows them all. Well thats what I read on another forum yesterday. Plus art 5 and 6 are going to be just for the world cup?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Plus art 5 and 6 are going to be just for the world cup?

Yeah, but arent they using 5 and 6 to show live footy on 7w at the moment.So I would imagine that the same will apply to hotbird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭satworld

Pal wrote:
    check LJs satellite football site. he sells them all at the start of the footy season but be quick because his stock does fly out the door.

he only has the artsports cards

Advertisement