Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on what to do with an ibook..

Options
  • 27-01-2006 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

hi there, friend just dropped this in my lap to see what could be done. basically this is an ibook g3 700 cd,wifi (airport) and the only problem with it is the backlight is gone.

u can see things on the screen when lit up, but well, no backlight. it is purring nicely when it starts though, so i dont think its anything else but that.

i have 2 options:

try to get it repaired at minimal cost

or

either sell it as it is (get some money) or dismantle it and sell the parts.

id personally go for selling to someone who would be interested in repairing it themselves to be honest.

anyway, anybody knows about the backlighting issue and what could be done, barring that, how to get rid of it?

Cheers for getting back,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Try eBay for backlight kit - should be cheap enough. I honestly don't know about opening it up - for a wintel jobby, it's a piece of cake usually, and can be sorted for ~€60... Google for instructions?Or try the MAC forum?
    If you decide to sell, try FS on Boards.ie - and sell as is, rather than dismantling-you won't get the money..

Advertisement