Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New laptop scratch protection

Options
  • 27-01-2006 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭

I just bought a new Acer and it looks so perfectly unscratched i would like to keep it that way. I thought about sticking that clear 'contact' or whatever its called on it but I thought it might damage it somehow. Googling just brings up screen protectors and I don't know how much I would value that, as I haven't ever scratched a screen.
    The outside of the machine usually gets well scratched, even being careful with it as does the area below the keyboard, although that is more wear than scratches.
    Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I found my laptop gets most of scratches whilst in its bag. Whereas, a friend's laptop barely has any scratches - down the to materials used in her FSC...
    So, scratches are unavoidable.. but to reduce them:
    Get a bag that adequately fits. Get a "sleeve" which fits closer to it and offers added protection from scratches,dust and knocks and always use it-even when putting it into its case/bag.
    There are hard covers for Dell laptops, but I don't know if there are any to fit an Acer..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭iwb

Thanks for that. A different approach to what I had envisaged but probably a good one. I do need to find a new bag, as the wide screen shape is too big for the old one.

Advertisement