Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norton AV problem (i think...)

Options
  • 27-01-2006 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hey, recently i downloaded both spyblaster and ad-aware to try and eliminate spyware, but after downloading them my pc started to run very slow and every time i try to restart/shutdown it takes approx 5mins to do and a "ending programme please wait" msg appears. it says thats its closing something called "ccAPP" which i tracked down to a application in norton anti-virus. Also i've recently tried to permit programmes goin online but before i can it freezes and refuses to close even when i use the trusty ctrl-alt-dlt task manager.

Has the download of the spyware programmes effetced my Norton anti-virus?? i deleted both of the spyware programmes anyway in case it was them that was causing the problems but there's been no change whatsoever.

i was thinking of re-installing my norton but i read that the product key runs out after 15days of installation but is that after every time you install it?? Also will i need to subscribe to internet security again and shell out more money if i do this or will i still have my subscriptions???

anyway, does anyone know how to fix this or the answers to my q's???

I'd like to thank everyone who has responded to my previous thread as you've been a great help and thank in advance those who reply to this thread.

Cheers and Sorry for it being so long-winded and sounding like an awards ceremony speech!!!:D
    sauv.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭aido_2006

norton is terrible for problems uninstall and see if it makes a difference... you should use avg its free and it never causes any probs and also picks up viruses, along with that you could use stinger.exe also free and picks up something like 80 of the most common viruses... just google for it... norton always causes some type of problem so ur better off using some other AV

Advertisement