Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School teacher myths

Options
  • 27-01-2006 6:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Well remember when you had to stand outside the headmasters office for being a brat. In our school, the headmaster had one of them huge staplers in his office and the rumour at the time was that it was an "ear cutter":D . So it went something like.

"Oh noes, Peters gonna get his ear cut off!!!" :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Richard Edwards

our headmaster was rumoured to have a blackthorn walking stick that hed use to beat us with if we were bad :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

My biology teacher was rumoured to be one of the of the presenters from Bosco.

And my history teacher's mother wanted a girl and used to dress him up like one and he was a closet homosexual...

The one about my history teacher is actually true...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

i remember in 5th class two new teachers came, both quite young, both male, both rumoured to be caught in the act in a local sports field - with each other, both were gone pretty quick :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

One of our teachers was rumoured to have been in Vietnam, so we always used to make bomb noises, with someone shouting out duck & cover.

Rather childish in retrospect, but it got us through the days! :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

This one may actually be true but in my secondary school there was s guidance counsellor who was a bit odd. The back story went that he had got the second best leaving in the country but was pipped by Pat Kenny. Needless to say, there were a lot of jokes mad about the Late Late Show/Kenny Live.

As it turns out, from having a chat with a friends dad who also taught in the same school, more of the rumours were true. Tales of pregnant teenagers, missing testicles and the like were not just legends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Rumours that teachers were gay, it turned out to be true. One old fat ugly git was not suspected though. Then a foaf went to his mates house, his house mate is gay and who is the there sitting with? hands all over each other? yep the old fat teacher. The teacher didnt recognise the pupil, this was recently and a good 10years after leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

rubadub wrote:
    Rumours that teachers were gay, it turned out to be true. One old fat ugly git was not suspected though. Then a foaf went to his mates house, his house mate is gay and who is the there sitting with? hands all over each other? yep the old fat teacher. The teacher didnt recognise the pupil, this was recently and a good 10years after leaving.

Don't suppose that school was in Rathfarnham??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No, I think the dept of education issues a fat gay bloke to each school :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There was a teacher in Terenure College got in some trouble over a gay relationship with a pupil (though the pupil was legal). No-one ever suspected the guy was gay - he was a fifty-something hardass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Houston Griffin

It was rumored one of my science teachers had a tattoo of the periodic table of elements on his bicep. He did have a tattoo that you could see the bottom of when he wore short sleeved shirts, but he refused to show it to us. Looking back, I'm guessing it was probably a military tattoo (he did have Purple Heart recipient car tags).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

In primary school we had a teacher who was apparently mentally unstable and had had a breakdown and we had to be good for her, another teacher who coached the girls gaa team was meant to like younger girls, and the teacher who wore red doc martens was meant to be gay. In secondary, the new priest came to us from an all girls school after rumours of been caught with a student. He didn't last long, he made our religion teacher cry and was never seen again. Apparently his parish didn't like him either and he got kicked out of there. One of the teachers had a wooden leg...that was def true. And our headmaster got a testicle removed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

our science teacher was a bit strange, we used to hear him whistling the x-files theme when he'd go into another room. why is it always science teachers? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

the only one i can think of was that Gabriel Byrne (not gaybo the actor one) was the father of a teachers kid - aparently they were friends and he helped out with a play one time soon after she was pregnant and the rumours started.. Oh and the gym teacher was a lesbian and one of the teachers was meant to have a wooden leg..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭deisemum

When I was in secondary school there were lots of rumours about one of the old nuns that she had been ditched at the altar and that's why she became a nun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

We had a librarian who was supposed to have super-glued her husband's business to his stomach while he was asleep because she caught him cheatin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Ruu wrote:
    our science teacher was a bit strange, we used to hear him whistling the x-files theme when he'd go into another room. why is it always science teachers? :)

Did your class fail that year?
    Maybe he was actually WATCHING the X-Files!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

We had a PE teacher that was a lesbian, a male teacher who's alleged first name was Hilary, and we also managed to convince some first years that one of the nuns could turn into a black cat... They believed us for a while too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sleipnir wrote:
    Did your class fail that year?
    Maybe he was actually WATCHING the X-Files!!!!! :D

:) I actually got honours no problem *holds head high*. Perhaps he had a telly back there, would explain his disappearing acts!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Larianne wrote:
    And our headmaster got a testicle removed...

If we didn't go to the same school, somethings VERY wrong with the bollox of Irish principals...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

One of our teachers played a Lesbian in some film that was on Channel 4. It looked just like her, though I doubt it actually was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

One of our teachers ( nicknamed Spoof funnely enough :P ) claime d several things , but the top one has to be :

That he and his family tried to buy Cleary's for 35 mill, but they would only accept 39 mill , or something liek that. He always had a story for anything.

Another teacher had a habit of blowing stuff up , well usualy just the lab , but sometimes students as well

Another well unlucky teacher ( who looked like he should be in 3rd year) broke his hand at a match. Now he wasn't playing , he was running out to help a injured player slipped and broke his arm :D , well to top it off, after 6 weeks the cast comes off , only for his first class and he goes and smashes a large test tube off the desk and ends up cutting the newly liberated arm to shredds.

Also we gave 1 teacher about 7 nervous break downs over 3 years .. ahh memories =).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

We had some pretty class teachers and some out right pricks too. One teacher is "apparently" gay, and rumour has it that he was involved with a boyfriend in some foreign country.

Another teacher is a complete nutcase, and at the same time is a childish little sh1t. He assaulted two students on seperate occasions. He lost his temper in class and stormed out of the room. He threw a students books out of the window. He also just enjoyed taking the piss out of students.

Another teacher who taught biology had an apparent nervous collapse after we continuously taunted her and just refused to do what she asked in class. We were absolute terrors :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Crucifix wrote:
    One of our teachers played a Lesbian in some film that was on Channel 4. It looked just like her, though I doubt it actually was.
    I think that was true... she admitted to us that she was in 'the film business' and that she'd done a thing or two. We never got what she did out of her though... i think she was the lesbian in 'Crushproof' though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

MYOB wrote:
    If we didn't go to the same school, somethings VERY wrong with the bollox of Irish principals...
    Isn't the plural of bollox bollo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

We had a teacher used to come in to all classes above 1st year and tell us all how he liked thinking about Killing all first years. Obviously he didn't but it was great taunting the poor first years with imminent death

RIP Bobby

Advertisement