Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twin Towns Bypass

Options
  • 27-01-2006 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭

I know this wont appeal to everyone here on the North West forum but has anyone got opinions on the recent decision of the NRA not to fund the project - well at least for the time being.

Is there anybody out there who can shed any light on why land valuation tripled over a 2 year period

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote:
    Is there anybody out there who can shed any light on why land valuation tripled over a 2 year period

Greed. And estate agents who self regulate and value all the sites/houses. They look at a site this week and it costs x amount of euros. They look at it a fortnight later and it cost x + 20%. The government/national roads authority enter the fray and it becomes three times the value. Do you think I could perhaps change career and train for a month and become an estate agent. Then my house would be valued at 6 times my mortgage.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Personally, I'm not pleased that Twin Towns isn't being bypassed.

The place is traffic hell, especially at 9-9.30am every morning with kids being brought to school, and of course Saturdays! Half the traffic wouldn't be there if the place was bypassed.

I think that something needs to be done with that hell junction at McClays in Stranorlar. I'm surprised there isn't even traffic lights there to keep some sort of flow going. I have been told that money was allocated for traffic lights there a year or moer ago, but the money was never utilised.

On another note, I heard that the road from Ballybofey to Barnesmore Gap is to be fixed up, something that should've been done ages ago. They did resurface quarter a mile section on it nearer the Gap, though why that wee bit I don't know.
    Other sections that need addressign is McGrory's Brae on the Donegal Road, which needs a slow lane, and the top of the brae, the road surface is ridiculous.

Going OT, but I was at the recycling depot off Railway Road on Saturday there (there still isn't such a site in Letterkenny yet), and have to say, it's a fantastic recycling centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Couldnt agree more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

The Twin Towns bypass will not be shelved. It will be given the go ahead, and a lot quicker than most people would even dream.

Thanks in the main to an impending General election :D.

P.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Paddys Back

• Advertisement
Advertisement