Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must have great battery!!!

Options
  • 27-01-2006 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Im looking to get a laptop. My monster of a PC is still my baby, but its a bit heavy to bring into college! My main want is a great battery life. As long as possible. I presume this will come in the form of a centrino, but I dont mind. I dont need a rocket, my PC does that, just something as small as possible that will do the basics with as long a battery as possible. Obviously I would like to keep cost low, but Im willing to be open. Regards all:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

"Do a bit of research before posting. Check out a few websites such as Dell, and post a link of a laptop you are considering." - Yes; a centrino would be ideal...
    Price range?
    More specific re: intended use?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

At the moment you are looking at Intel , pentium mobile/centrino.
    alternatively buy a second battery.

or an iBook,etc..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Karoma wrote:
    or an iBook,etc..
    Can you really get 14 hours out of one of them ?

Can you really get 14 hours out of one of them ?
    Where did you get that figure?
    Is there a centrino-based notebook can last that long?
    *shrug* iBook = more like "6 hours"..depending on usage of course - comparable to most notebooks with a centrino/pentium M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

you can get up to 15 hours from a sony vaio tx1 series laptop with the extended battery, and its nice and small with an 11.1 inch screen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Whats concidered decent battery life? I get just under 4 hours with my asus, maybe more if i insctaled NHC and undervolted.

Jozi

Advertisement