Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6mm or 7mm maple veneered panel supplier.

Options
  • 26-01-2006 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi

I wonder would anybody know of any suppliers selling 6mm or 7mm maple veneered MDF or plywood... I have found just one supplier but it's quite expensive per sheet and no bulk price...

If somebody out there has the necessary machines to produce these panels I'd be prepared to buy 15 or 20 at the right price, we could work something out.

Cheers
    Joe

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Try Anthony Scally, Tyrellspass, Co Westmeath. He veneers all types of sheet material to order for the shopfitting trades, so he should be able to help. Large or small numbers seems to be ok.

kadman:)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Hi
    Cheers for the reply Kadman...

I gave Scally a ring, he does have the stuff alright but the prices aren't good enough to justify travelling down to him... he's a good contact though, seems to be quite busy...

I'd recommend Woodworkers for double sided 7mm veneered MDF and the Panelling Center for single sided veneered 6mm MDF. Noyeks for raw MDF.

Grand so...
    Joe

Hi Joe.......

Is that 7mm mdf veneered panels, real veneer that requires spraying a finish onto. Or is it more like veneer melamine finish. I'm curious because I have to make a number of curved shop counters, and a veneer requiring spraying would be ideal.

hi
    yeah, the 7mm is a real wood veneer, seems to be a crown cut (or whatever) on one side and a straight cut on the other... ready to be sprayed...

Cheers

Magic. I assume all timbers are available

• Advertisement

hi
    well i got a 7mm double sided maple veneer from Woodworkers... asked about oak, they didn't have it although they do have more than maple...

Joe

Advertisement