Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opnions on laptop i just bought....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Depends - what did you pay for it?

I worry when they list the operating system as a feature of a laptop. I also worry when they don't mention laptops on the Goodmans.co.uk site.

TBH, if you paid less than 600 Euro overall, then it probably isn't too bad. It will only do basic word processing/internet. No games on this one, but if that's what you want it for, it should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

We accept:
    # Bank deposits / transfers
    # Postal orders, personal cheques
    [and that's it]
    That also makes me a little worried.. :)

TBH, if it was 2nd hand .. < €450 would be a good price..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

If you paid more than €450-500 tops you were robbed.

Its obsolete. Its ok for an entry level laptop, but there is much better around for not much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Paid EUR520 for it, heres a link selling the exact same laptop for £999 sterling: http://store.freemans.com/productdisplay.asp?item=Goodmans%20Laptop&dept=elec&category=Computers&product=318399

Dont need it for games just need it for msworks/internet/watching videos - should be pretty efficcient for those needs?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

damo wrote:
    Dont need it for games just need it for msworks/internet/watching videos - should be pretty efficcient for those needs?

Should be fine for that so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bullhammer

Here's a link to help you out....................
    http://www.albaplc.com/html/Press/Goodmans%20Computers/Goodmans%20Computers_PR.htm#

By the way, that lappy is definitely good enough, unless you want to split atoms etc ( only joking), But it will certainly be enough for your needs...........

Good luck.....................................

Advertisement