Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chopsticks

Options
  • 26-01-2006 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could get the notation to play chopsticks on the piano?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Um...depends where you live. It'd be in most 'Famous Piano Tunes'-type books, I guess. I have an interesting arrangement for four hands that dives midway through into a Hungarian Rhapsody by Liszt, but that came with my piano, so unless you feel like buying a Clavinova...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I actually can't play the paino. My girlfriends brother does, and he's very good, but he never heard of it so I'm trying to get the sheet music for it before I go back to Switzerland next Wednesday week.

Do you know any site where I could download it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

You could try www.mutopia.com, they're trying to get every sheet of music ever written online. But they don't seem to be functioning at the moment.

Failing that, have you tried a quick Google search?

I tried google and it wasn't very successful, I'll give that sitea try if they come back up. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

I whipped this up in about 5 minutes mostly out of boredom. It should do the trick. However, my knowledge of Chopsticks has faded in the 6 or so years since I last played it. The majority of it is correct anyhow.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for that modular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Modular, out of curiosity, whats your sig? Is it a personal composition, or a favourite melody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

Recon wrote:
    Thanks a million for that modular
    No problem!
    Modular, out of curiosity, whats your sig? Is it a personal composition, or a favourite melody?
    The sig is the music that's played at the end of the 30 seconds in countdown, a melody that's loved universally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 spectac

this is AN arrangement for it...this first sheet is the guts...

chops1.gif

chops2.gif

chops3.gif

chops4.gif

Thanks for that spectac

• Advertisement
Advertisement