Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap laptop - wheres the best place to go?

Options
  • 26-01-2006 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

i have a budget of 700 euros. from browsing i found this laptop http://www.backfromthefuture.ie/product.asp?product=218
    is it any good? all i will be doing is playing music, powerpoint presentations and other simple tasks (word,excell,etc). also, would a game like civilisation 4 work on this particular machine?
    any help would be appreciated. theres a few post like this but alot of them go into 2nd hand machines which i want to avoid.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'd say the best place to go is the laptop forum. ;)

Moving....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wavin

there's an acer laptop on this site for 400sterling
    www.acernotebooks.co.uk

that would convert to ~600 and a bit euros.would be grand for office stuff.
    not sure about that game you mentioned though

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

wavin wrote:
    there's an acer laptop on this site for 400sterling
    www.acernotebooks.co.uk

that would convert to ~600 and a bit euros.would be grand for office stuff.
    not sure about that game you mentioned though
    Just got that laptop from www.laptopsdirect.co.uk which coincidentaly looks exactly the same as that site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wavin

chalky wrote:
    Just got that laptop from www.laptopsdirect.co.uk which coincidentaly looks exactly the same as that site.
    also the phone numbers of those sites are quiet similar....

whats the laptop like anyways.was considdering getting one.

Advertisement