Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell returns

Options
  • 26-01-2006 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi,
    I just have a query on Dell's return policy.
    In early December I purchased a new dell laptop and recieved it within a couple of days. Unfortunately, there was a minor cosmetic problem with the screen, and eventually after getting through to the right person, they agreed to send out a brand new one again.
    However, I still have the original machine! They have never asked for it back, despite me ringing them again to ask why. I was told the issue would be "escalated"! So, is this a loophole to get free PC's, or am I likely to hear from them sometime this year?!?

Has anyone here had similar experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭trant

If they sent you a new machine but forgot to collect the old one you have done your bit by notifying them. You have already called them and told them the item is there to be collected. If I were you I'd sit tight, if they don't collect it in a month or so I'd keep it - you've done your bit. I wouldn't go putting yourself out by posting it back to them at your own expense etc.

HTH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

So, is this a loophole to get free PC's

I wouldn't count on it ..... software and hardware registration/recognition means a whole lot of trouble if you really try to intentionally defraud them ..... i.e. sell it on etc ... sometime, when things get quiet at Dell, someone is gona call you and I suspect you better have it available for collectiion ..... Plus the fact that if your second machine really goes 'haywire' your going to need warranty backup and your not going to get it if you have pinched one of their machines ... :p

It's certainly Dells responsibility to arrange collection at their expense...

It was a nice gesture by Dell to replace your original machine without question or doubting you .... :) .... be fair to them ...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭trant

Agreed, but there has to be a certain timeframe, i.e. 6 months or so, that the OP can reasonably expect Dell to have no intentions of picking up the machine up?

If you want to get rid of the machine, why not write them a registered letter?

Advertisement