Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norton AV Corruption?

Options
  • 26-01-2006 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I got into the office this morning and our exchange server was going nuts (writing a new event to the application log every second). It looked like a possible virus. The events in the log were basically saying that the definition file for NAV was corrupt.

I tried a live update, didn't help.
    I downloaded the intelligent updater, and that didn't help.

Then I tried running the intelligent updater on my PC, and it failed (says the installer is corrupt).

It looks like the most recent update from Symantec (dated yesterday) is corrupt, and has corrupted the defs on our exchange server.

I've rolled it back to the previous definition file, and its fine now. I disabled live update for now until I can find more info.

Is anyone having trouble with NortonAV this morning? Is anyone successfully running the 20060125-007 update?

Thanks in advance...

Advertisement