Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

big problem need help

Options
  • 26-01-2006 1:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

my daily bandwidth was exceeded today, the bandwidth is 3GB per day, and because the site isn't being promoted / hasnt got the site up and running yet im figuring something very strange is going on.

now i've checked the stats and apparently only 2 people have visited the site how and ever here's my train of thought on this and this is where im hoping someone can help me out

the RIBSA (republic of ireland billiards and snooker association) forum was hacked just before crimbo (simple enough hack on phpBB ) so I decided to help em out and moved the forum to my server, so now I'm figuring it could be suffering some kind of DOS attack, is there any way of knowing for sure

(and before anyones says it's quite simply impossible the sites i've hosted on my server generated 3GB of bandwidth)

so anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Do you not have some stats package to tell you where the bandwidth is being used? Is it a dedicated/VPS server? Is it definately web traffic that's causing the excess?

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

You should be able to tell where the traffic is going to and block the IP? Or have your host block it if you dont have a firewall?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

aye like i said its defo not people visiting the site cos i checked the stats and at the VERY most there was about 500MB of FTP / email traffic,

I'll get my hosts to check that out and see if they can find the IP

Advertisement