Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you remember?

Options
  • 25-01-2006 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Just woundering about this who remembers the first gameboy that ever came out When you were growing up. I used to love playing with mine i loved it. Playing Super Mario, Donkey Kong and more.
    Would be happy to hear your replies thanyou. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

It was a big block an i remember the way the on/off switch clicked into the cartridge. Terribly bad screen though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

this is the one I have and it still works:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

still have the first gameboy :) love playing tetris on it still

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Ive never liked the colour green and the Gameboy only increased it... still a fantastic console, Battleship made my Christmas that year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

While I don't endorse the pathetic show, the Pokemon game on the GB really showed it was capable of great engrossing games even at a time when more powerful rivals were around.

Best games on the GB Original: Pokemon, Mario Bros, can't really remember alot else really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

multiplayer tetris was the best on that heavy little grey brick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Still use my old game boy, zelda and super mario land 2 are among the best games I've played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Eminem

kyp_durron wrote:
    Still use my old game boy, zelda and super mario land 2 are among the best games I've played.

Yeah i used to love playing that game it was cool i miss my gameboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Eminem wrote:
    Yeah i used to love playing that game it was cool i miss my gameboy

You should try and buy one second hand, I'd say you'd get one cheap enough. Be worth it for warm waves of nostalgia :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

My brother used to have one, he bought the thing and then a couple of weeks later he broke a bone in his thumb... I was there as the ever caring sister going "oh I'll mind that for you until your hand's better, you won't be able to play it". Needless to say I got hopelessly addicted to tetris on it. Oh yes, and he DID manage to play it, broken thumb and all :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement