Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to Blueface and using a broadtalk ATA

Options
  • 25-01-2006 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

I have been with Broadtalk now since October. I joined because I could get a local number with pay as you go (As I don't make many calls, But recieve a lot) All is well with the service apart from the following:

Still haven't got a local number (I have an 01 number)
    Caller display on incoming doesn't work
    Caller Id on outgoing calls shows a different number

Broadtalk promised all these issues would be sorted out by the end of last year but still nothing.

I have emailed them and tried to call them but never an answer. Their 01 number doesn't seem to be in use anymore either now.

So, Can I move over to another company and re set my ATA with the new companys settings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

snaps wrote:
    Can I move over to another company and re set my ATA with the new companys settings?

Well judging by the price that they charge for the ATA it's unlikely that it's locked to Broadtalk so you should be able to change your settings no bother. Just set yourself up with a Blueface Pay-As-You-Go account and then go into the Advanced Settings page (assuming it's a Grandstream ATA) and change your settings according to the instructions at :

http://www.blueface.ie/support/handy.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

bhickey wrote:
    Well judging by the price that they charge for the ATA it's unlikely that it's locked to Broadtalk so you should be able to change your settings no bother. Just set yourself up with a Blueface Pay-As-You-Go account and then go into the Advanced Settings page (assuming it's a Grandstream ATA) and change your settings according to the instructions at :

http://www.blueface.ie/support/handy.aspx

There's certainly one provider in Ireland that locks their ATAs, email Broadtalk and ask them. I think it was them, not 100%. If it is locked, similar to Mobile Phone locking, it will not work on the Blueface network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Set up a Blueface trial account and see if you can use those settings in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Thanks! Email Broadtalk, You must be joking..........Its impossible to get through to them what ever contact method you use!

Advertisement