Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about First Year Biochem

Options
  • 25-01-2006 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

(for my brother)

What are the maths and physics courses in first year biochem like? Are the maths more difficult that LC Higher Level? Do they teach physics from scratch for people who did not take Physics for LC?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

The maths as far as I know is fairly fundamental. Like in most other courses, it is claimed that physics is taught from scratch, but he (your brother) will find it very difficult if he hasn't done it for Leaving Cert. That said, an awful lot of people are in the exact same predicament and come through the year just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I did physics for the Leaving Cert and do it for my engineering course and I had a little look at the physics module that Biochem people took and and it looked pretty challanging considering it was "Introductory". Generally though if he has any apptitude for maths or sciences he will be just fine.

Advertisement