Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modding with just a CD!

• 25-01-2006 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi, I was just wondering if an Xbox can be modded with just a CD. My friend can mod his with the CD but his tsop points(or something) are soldered.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Yea would need to use an savegame exploit and also have the two solder points on your xbox mobo soldered to allow the TSOP (the onboard bios chip) to be flashed (over written) with a hacked bios.
    Only problem with this, is that if you just enable the chip for writing and flash a hacked bios, you cant easily return the box to the orignal bios.
    But, it seems that most people who really wanna use Xbox Live have already got a 360 so shouldnt matter.
    Google it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

nitroboy wrote:
    Hi, I was just wondering if an Xbox can be modded with just a CD.
    No, as kerbdog stated you need some sort of mod (soft or modchip) to do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

You could glue a CD over the xbox jewel on the case, or wedge one into the ventilation slots, or load the dvd tray with a slice of brennan's hi-fibre bran....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭nitroboy

?? eh Thanks, have a nice weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

SyxPak wrote:
    or load the dvd tray with a slice of brennan's hi-fibre bran....
    IMPORTANT!! The xbox has to be very hungry before it will accept bread (especially the hi-fibre stuff needed for the mod) so you'll have to starve it of discs for at least a week before attempting that mod. Also, if you have a v1.6 xbox you'll having to put all the clocks in your house into reverse in order to 'trick' the xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

theres a cd based mod chip out for the ps2 called swap magic perhaps theres something simliar out for the xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

There's not... n00b.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

it is possible to mod it using a save game exploit afaik.
    Remember reading it off a modding site only a week ago...
    damnit, where was htat.

Probably do have to do the little bit of solder thing. best bet is to get a solderless mod chip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You can mod using a gamesave exploit, the problem is getting the gamesave onto a memory card in the first place, I've soft modded my own Xbox tho. A PSP in USB mode with a modified cable can be used as an Xbox memory card.

Advertisement