Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CMS and SEO

Options
  • 25-01-2006 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi

Just a quick question.

How does mambo, joomla, etc.. stand up againts a simple html webpage in terms of Search Engine Optimisation?

So if i want my site to get the highest google ranking possible would I be better to create my own html site instead of using a cms??

Cheers

B2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Arch-Stanton

Search engines can index anything these days, however, you can use a htaccess file to use mod_rewrite and have your pages come up as Search Engine Friendly. You can also add an SEF component to the CMS's you mentioned above so the pages will be indexed as .html

I have found the above effective with Google and MSN

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ConsultClifford

with the Joomla etc and teh SEF coms you can event rename the urls so instead of having
    www.gooo.com/products.html
    you can have
    www.gooo.com/wow_come_and_get_me_products.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

cheers

I'll go with CMS so.

Beta 2

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

Exactly, on a shameless plug, my site (In my sig) is using Joomla and the SEF module.

Alternatively, you can use your .htaccess to make one as custom as you like.

Advertisement