Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stop Sonic Activation Module from loading on startup?

Options
  • 25-01-2006 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I bought a new Dell yesterday, and it has the usual amount of rubbish pre loaded on it.

Ive sorted most of it out, however for some reason this window keeps coming up everytime I boot.

SonicActivation.jpg

Nothing in the add/remove programs section shows any programs called Sonic so I cant just uninstall it.
    I wasnt given a sonic disk with the system. Im not even sure what sonic is!

Id appreciate your advice! Its annoying because you have to click close 5 or 6 times to get rid of it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

As an administrator, go to start>run, then type in msconfig and press enter. Go to the startup tab and deselect all programs you don't want to load at startup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Sonic is software for CD and DVD drives and installed on many current Dells .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Great stuff, I think Im in business. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 andy_malikah

Trotter wrote: »
    I bought a new Dell yesterday, and it has the usual amount of rubbish pre loaded on it.

Ive sorted most of it out, however for some reason this window keeps coming up everytime I boot.

SonicActivation.jpg

Nothing in the add/remove programs section shows any programs called Sonic so I cant just uninstall it.

Id appreciate your advice! Its annoying because you have to click close 5 or 6 times to get rid of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 andy_malikah

Trotter wrote: »

SonicActivation.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Have you an actual question or just dragging up a two year old post with a blank reply (twice) for the hell of it? :confused:

Advertisement