Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Re: A Fiat Punto Question (lol)

Options
  • 24-01-2006 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

And here it is, my mate has a 95 punto i think it is and last night he had to change the battery but working in the dark he put the wrong lead on the wrong terminal and went to try and start the car, to his surprise it wouldn't start so he got out to check and again to his surprise there was smoke comeing from the alternator, when the smoke kept comeing he threw some water on it which stoped the smokeing(lol) and burning. I gave him a loan of my battery and we put it into the punto and she started but when it was switched off she would not start again and all thats comeing from the alternator is smoke and a really bad smell of burning, also when i took my battery back it was dead as a door nail when we try jump her she starts but cuts out when leads are removed, is it just a matter of a new alternator or is there something else that might be gone on it? Cos i really don't want to spend 3 or 4hrs working on a punto only to find out that ther bigger pieces of crap than i orignally tought they were. I can pick an alternator up for €30 and want to help him as its first car so i hope its not all bad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

I'd say a new alternator should fix it.

For future reference: water and electrics don't really mix too well.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He threw water on the alternator? Are you serious? If so, I'd reserve a spot for him here: www.darwinawards.com

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

seamus wrote:
    He threw water on the alternator? Are you serious? If so, I'd reserve a spot for him here: www.darwinawards.com

If i were to tell you what he does for a living it would really crack you up!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

fireman?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

Not a fireman, but if he were to say wire a plug or install something electrical for you, you may very well need a fireman(lol) got it yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

hmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder

Advertisement