Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software for writing a book

Options
  • 24-01-2006 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi y'all,

A friend of mine is just begining to write a 400 or so page book about his parish and through personal experience I know MS Word is not the best software to write it in or lay it out. Anyone know what is the best software for doing this?

Thanks for any advice,
    Noel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I downloaded a program called RoughDraft, which I think was free. It's a word processing program which you can use in normal/screenplay/play mode. Two thirds of the screen is taken up by this and one third on the right is used as a notes/doodle section. I used it for a bit but found myself going back to MS Word and now I'm back permanently with Word. It's a matter of preference, I suppose. Your friend might be better off with a Desktop Publishing program for layout etc.

Advertisement