Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best CTU director [S1-5 Spoilers]

Options
  • 24-01-2006 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

Bill Buchanan - I had a lot of respect for him until that episode in series 5 when the agent challenged him (can't remember his name, he was in LOTR).. Even though Buchanan was in the wrong, that still really undermined his authority in my opinion.

Erin Driscoll - Made too many wrong decisions. Had family/emotional problems to deal with too which made her even worse. Tortured innocent suspects. etc.

Ryan Chapelle - Everyone hated him before he had to be killed, then it just turned to pity, I don't really have an opinion on him :P But he did a good job when Tony was in hospital..

Tony Almeida - I liked him - Apart from the whole treason thing in series 3 lol..

George Mason - Best ever, died for the cause, had a lot of charisma and handled situations calmly.

Best director of CTU 16 votes

Bill Buchanan
    0% 0 votes
    Erin Driscoll
    18% 3 votes
    Ryan Chapelle
    0% 0 votes
    Tony Almeida
    25% 4 votes
    George Mason
    56% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

What about Jack? Was he not a temp. Director in one of the earlier seasons IIRC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Oh yeah I think he was in series 1.. haven't watched s1 in a while can't really remember!

Well, id go with Buchanan then. Calm. Authorative. No fuss. Gets the job done.
    Repli wrote:
    Bill Buchanan - I had a lot of respect for him until that episode in series 5 when the agent challenged him (can't remember his name, he was in LOTR).. Even though Buchanan was in the wrong, that still really undermined his authority in my opinion.
    Well, id say he didnt say anything because Sam is Director now in all but name.

...Unless he's a mole of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

A mole in Division? OoOo

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tarren

Jack was the director of CTU in day 1. He was put in charge of Field Ops when he came back in day 2. But I'm pretty sure that Jack was the original director of CTU Los Angeles.

Since Jack would probably be everyone's first choice, anyway, we might as well go for second bests. For me, it'd be a toss up between Tony and Mason. Everyone loves Tony. Mason was really annoying until he inhaled some plutonium and turned into a hero. Then again, I suppose this would be more about favourites than who was the best.

In terms of the best (as in most effective) CTU director, I suppose it's not much competition. I haven't started watching season 5, yet, but from 1-4, I'd say Buchanan, although that could just be because he hasn't been around long enough to screw something up, yet.

Let's take them all;

Bill Buchanan - So far, he hasn't made any big fudge-ups and he's willing enough to listen to other people. But he hasn't been put under the pressure any other director has.

Jack Bauer - Alright, he saved the day. But he played it all pretty close to the edge to keep his family alive and I think most people would be willing to agree that he'd put his family before everything else if he had to.

Tony Almedia - Pretty much the same as Jack, only it didn't work out so well for Tony.

George Mason - He died for his county. I do think he was cool. But you have to admit, before he inhaled plutonium, he put his own safety first. He tried to skip town when he found out about the nuke and he admitted to Michelle that he hated the job, anyway. But still. Hero.

Ryan Chapelle - He had his moments, but he also had a stick between his legs most of the time. He also tried to save his own skin. Like Repli said, it was more a sense of pity, than anything.

Erin Driscoll - There's no doubt that she was the worst. Letting family get in the way, stupid decisions, inability to follow proper protocol, bit of a brown noser and she made the stupidest decision of all; She FIRED Jack Bauer. Psh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

id have to say tony, as he was the same as jack, he knew what was coming.

As for erin, i hated her, and her bloody daughter (pun intended :D), felt a bit sorry for her in the end tho.

Actually. i want to change my vote to Tony

.....cos he's a Cubs fan :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

mason!

Im undecided about Chapelle.. i did feel kinda sorry for him in the end....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I picked mason...he was cool,the actor is very good as well. I heard the married your one who played Nina?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It came down between Mason and Chapelle for me....in the end I wnet for Chapelle, since he gave his life for his country....Mason just happened to give it by accident, but Ryan knowingly went through with it (even though he didn't think it would come to it).
    I disliked him up until that...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Mason did try and chicken out of the nuke scare but even still I thought he was the best one.

He was well able to deal with things when he realised he was gona die which saved Jack.

Soooo - where does Bill fit in after the end of Season 5?!

he's gone up in mine list, up to #2, just behind Mason. i thought he was great in this series

also, did you know Xander Berkeley (aka George Mason) married Sarah Clarke (aka Nina Myers) ??
    its probably common knowledge, but i just found out about an hour ago :o

Yeah it was mentioned above :D
    Id say Bill has moved up on my list also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye id agree with that,I think Bill is cool,he has moved up on my list after this season,and it looks like he will be around next season,which is always a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

*Please read the charter*
    You can talk about the episodes that you acquired, but please dont post asking for requests on where to acquire episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I liked George Mason. Bit of a smartass, which I enjoyed, plus his death has probably been the most dramatic and painful to watch yet.

poor Erin, zero votes..

damn women.

she just lacked a bit of... spark.

and that damn daughter.

Sure we forgot Alberta Green :D

Sparky-s wrote:
    Sure we forgot Alberta Green :D

i had to google her to remember what she looked like..

AlbertaGreen.jpg

hehe

what kind of fan are you who forgot Alberta. :)

Kudos on your sig btw.

Infact I reckon we should make a thread for 24 sigs.

• Advertisement

Sparky-s wrote:
    what kind of fan are you who forgot Alberta. :)

leave me alone.... im a girl.... :o

thank ya, i stumbled across the sig pic thingy this morning, and thought "aah.. i know just the place for this to go" :rolleyes:

coolio, looks good anyhow.

Advertisement