Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to Active Directory with PHP or ASP

Options
  • 24-01-2006 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

I want to connect to Active Directory to query with a select statement using either PHP or ASP.

I cannot seem to get the AD parameters correct when trying to connect.

LDAP://dc=BMK-US3K002/dc=IRCO10/dc=com/ou=Bobcat/ou=Users/ou=BMK/ou=BCT-BMK-IT-OU

This is the LDAP connection string, I have tried all sorts of combinations. Any suggestions.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

For PHP, you'll have to enable the php_ldap module in php.ini. Then check out the LDAP reference on php.net: http://ie2.php.net/manual/en/ref.ldap.php

I only tinkered about with this briefly, but it looked to be a doddle with PHP

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Thanks Seamus. Well I went with the ASP solution. The problem was with syntax never used ASP before, its very finnicky but I can get it to work.

Advertisement