Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Re: Help with Shocks that have been replaced?

Options
  • 24-01-2006 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey!
    Im driving a 93 mk3 1.4 pt gti lookalike golf and its a really solid little runner
    When i got it(partexchange) there were alloys on it but little comfort and a lot of noise when it hit a pot hole or when on some rough road there was a thud so i took them off and replaced them with vw wheels but the problem didn't go away also it was like been on a boat when going around bends so i put it down to the rear shocks been gone. I picked up a set of shocks from a 97 golf and have just replaced them and the problem is not as bad but still when i hit a hole, of which there are a couple where im at, theres still a thud, what the hell is going on? The shocks are good, so no problems there.
    Is there a wright and a wrong way to replace a set of rear shocks ie. left and right or whats the story? All the rubbers seem to be ok, to the eye anyways..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

Aren't Golfs(Mk III & IV) reknowned for being wallowy in the corners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

fletch wrote:
    Aren't Golfs(Mk III & IV) reknowned for being wallowy in the corners?

A bit like a boat

Row row row your golf gently round the corner gently gently gently gently before you hit the ditch

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

MrSinn wrote:
    A bit like a boat

Row row row your golf gently round the corner gently gently gently gently before you hit the ditch

Funny Guy...
    On closer inspestion im sure that the shocks are ok and put in correctly, its the front shocks that seem to be gone as well(God dam it) hope there as easy put in as the back ones were....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Stop driving into holes? :D Buy a cushion? :D

Maybe look at the springs too? They came with oil filled shocks. If you replace them with gas filled ones they will be stiffer but the ride quality, what little there was, will be worse. Those Golfs and Ventos have theeeeee worst suspension ever.

Advertisement