Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windscreen washers and Headlamp motor

Options
  • 24-01-2006 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

Just a few queries about a few bits and bobs wrong with me car.

The windscreen washer seems to spray out the front no matter if you push or pull the lever in the car, any ideas?

The front headlights motor does not change the angle of the lights. (I've found that one of the motors is actually missing!! :confused: ), but the other headlight doesn't seem to change angle even though the motor is there...

Thanks!

BTW. It's an Opel Tigra.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Still working on the Tigra.

I have the same problem with my Astra.

There was no water coming out of the washers but it seems to be starting to work again. I think its just dirty getting stuck.

A good clean out of the filter in the bottle should fix it.

As for the lights best bet is to replace the motors or check the wires for a loose connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

There is water coming out of them, it's just that it comes out of the front no matter if I push or pull on the lever in the car. (Push should come out the back)..

O rite i get you now sorry.

Thats the fuse is it not or someone wired it up to do that for some weird reason.

Does the Tigra have a rear wiper?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

You prob just need to re-point the jets.

If they are bonnet mounted, get a pin/needle, and put in in the hole (just barely though) and you can the twist it around to the direction you want it.

hmm I'll try that. You mean that it comes out the front if the back one is blocked?

I think this is getting very messy with understanding!

Whenever I "pull" the lever in the car for the wipers, the water sprays out of the front jets. Whenever I "push" the lever in the car, it should come out the jets on the aerial on the roof for the back window, but it still comes out the front jets.

Hope this clears it up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

AAAAhh,

So you pull for front windscreen wash and push for rear screen wash
    but
    You just get front windscreen wash regardless of whether you pull or push....

If this is the case ignore my previous post, and I have no idea what the problem is..

LOL it was abot confusing alright.

Heh, I presume it must be a wire connected incorrectly somewhere...Or it could be that the back hole is blocked (that sounds bad :D ). I'll take off the aerial on the top and have a look at the hole, see if nothing is blocked. I would presume that if you push the lever and the water has no where to go, it's only option would be to come out the front...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

If you are pushing and pulling and it still won't squirt then you should really try a little gentle stroking...

el tel wrote:
    If you are pushing and pulling and it still won't squirt then you should really try a little gentle stroking...

You could predict that this was coming at some point...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

kluivert wrote:
    LOL it was abot confusing alright.
    I would not be too sure but it seems that the same message is being sent to a switch in the leverhousing. The signal is breaking down between the lever and the washer motor. I would look at the lever/stalk housing on the steering column and check for wear and tear. The forward and back motion of the lever is being seen as one signal <forward wash>

cashmni1 wrote:
    I would not be too sure but it seems that the same message is being sent to a switch in the leverhousing. The signal is breaking down between the lever and the washer motor. I would look at the lever/stalk housing on the steering column and check for wear and tear. The forward and back motion of the lever is being seen as one signal <forward wash>

hmm good point, how do I take the steering wheel leverhousing off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

You could predict that this was coming at some point...

Couldn't resist, sorry.

Actually had a similar problem in a VW Polo way back long ago. The rear washer jets stopped working altogether. The problem was compouned by the fact that rear washing actived the rear wiper which for some reason would not stop until the ignition was switched off. Things deteriorated further when activating the front wipers started to set the back wipers going. Tried everything to solve it but to no avail and ended up giving the car away.

el tel wrote:
    Couldn't resist, sorry.

Actually had a similar problem in a VW Polo way back long ago. The rear washer jets stopped working altogether. The problem was compouned by the fact that rear washing actived the rear wiper which for some reason would not stop until the ignition was switched off. Things deteriorated further when activating the front wipers started to set the back wipers going. Tried everything to solve it but to no avail and ended up giving the car away.

Heh, I won't go that far as to give the car away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

hmm good point, how do I take the steering wheel leverhousing off?
    Not too sure but the plastic moulding should split or click in to two pieces with a little gental persuasion:) Look for a seam line running from the dash to the steering wheel and see if you can seperate the plastic, (without too much force)

hmm ok. I'll be working around the dash fairly soon anyway because I ordered blue LEDS instead of the normal ones.

Advertisement