Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Primeras or Toyota Avensis

Options
  • 24-01-2006 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hey all,

Im selling my fiat punto at the moment and looking at getting a 03 primera or possibly an avensis. I am a commuter so I want to get something bigger and something I feel safer in and of course something reliable...

anyway just wanted to get your valuable opinions on these cars and in general if the experiences are good or bad..

thanks for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Can't comment on the reliability of either machines as I've no knowledge of them, but I don't like the shape of the new Primera at all

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you're concerned about safety, the new shape Avensis (mid -03 on) will have 9 airbags as standard, the Primera won't. The Avensis will also have an edge on reliability, but the Primera will still be dependable, Expect to pay a lot more for the avensis. as the Primera is a popular fleet and rental car, there are no shortage of models on the market. As a result of over-supply, resale values on Primeras are quite poor, You can use this to your advantage, but bear in mind that you will also lose a lot when you trade the car in again.

Advertisement